Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Vin4evr

ultimate traffic help !!!!

Hello, Just wondering how to track another aircraft in ultimate traffic. ie to travel with another aircraft like you fly yours..please respond !...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vin4evr on
GWFlyer

DME Question

I would appreciate some information on DME. I finished the VOR lesson, and the DME showed distance information in the Seattle area. But it only seems to show DME data for Seattle. I've tried to fly using VOR frequencies/headings in California, Missour...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GWFlyer on

For FS2006

😂 Boy it seems like everyone is staking the deck up high on the I WISH LIST. For me I would like to see a Cessna 337 SkyMaster Twin , a Beechcraft Super H-18 and a Cessna Twin 401. AS for the BIG jets we have way too many I think. Next I wou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Judge john deed on

I NEED HELP!

Ok, i just downloaded the Dash 8-100 from Virtual Air Canada. I extract the files into the FS9 folder. Now i cant even get on the forum at VAC for some reason, so this is only other place i can come too. Why cant i see the airplane when i go int...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Newboy

Time/Clock problem in FS9

Hi Guys, One thing i cant understand in FS9 is the time. I have specifically asked FS9 to use the current world time which is in my XP clock, but everytime i run the game i always end up inserting the correct GMT time. Any ideas? I downloaded a p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
aviation_capting_mathew

concorde

Hi, deos any-one know where i can get some concorde planes for fs04. thank's,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fredericia01 on
sparkash

joystick problem?

I have a rumble force joystick which has been working fine. However, ever since i re-installed fs2004, i am having difficulty keeping the plane straight. I'm using a cessna and when i increase the throtttle and the plane plane begins to move, it then veer...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
siron on
mypilot

757`

I am fed up with having to do visual approaches. I recently downloaded the 757 panel from avsim. I can't change my Nav radios frequencys. It gives me that plus and minus signs but the numbers won't change. That goes for the Com and nav radios. I am able t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
redjay

Another Radeon question for Radarman (or anyone else)

Radar, thanks for your help with my gfx issues in a previous post. Do you have another cooler on your 9800pro, as from searching other forums, the cooling issue seems to come up quite often Also, how do i test the speed of my gfx card(s)? I keep hea...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sylvan on
sonicninja

Flyaway Gallery

Hi folks, ive submitted quite a few "Impressive" screenshots to the flyaway gallery but none of them have been displayed :cry: I know there is some serious competition with 99% of the images uploaded being excellent but one or two of them havent been...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
sonicninja

Graphics Card Drivers

Will i need to update my graphics card???? I only bought my pc last month from www.savastore.com and my card is an ATI Radeon 9550 256mb, the driver date is 30/11/2004. If i need to download updated drivers where do i get them and how do i install t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
sonicninja on
Insight

Some nasty and some amusing photos

Found this link http://www.micom.net/oops/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
lawrie01

GPS screen default

My FS 2002 game will not default to the original GPS screen, instead, when the GPS icon is activated a long rectangular screen appears with MODE, a circle with an arrow, cursor buttons and ENTER and CANCEL buttons appear at the top of the screen, although...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Milney10 on
redjay

Display/UT Questions FAO Radarman, experts

I have just taken the plunge and splashed out on Ultimate Traffic. I love it however it has presented me with a few problems! 1) Firstly, please confirm that my graphics card is as poor as I think it is! (it is a Nvidia GeForce MX/MX400). It came bund...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
knight123

hi i,m new but.

hello i,m new to this. now i have fs2004 and am i right in thinking that i can dowload more aircrft, from this firum? as i havedownloaded some but can not see them in my select aircrafty thanks good to be hear....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
knight123 on
originalgrunge

For those of you looking for a few extra fps...

Try "compressing" the FS folder. It seems counter intuitive to compress a folder that you always use, but it actually does work. I've seen this in several forums and it truly does work. I went from running normal planes at about 17-26 fps, down to 9-15 in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
ad123456789

Video Capture

Is There anyway you can capture a video from FS2004 and save it as an mpeg etc on your computer for showing/emailing to friends etc....? Ive seen a post by a guy landing a spitfire with a video so its obviously possible, but do you need a special progr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ricco on
spuddi

A340 pro prob

I've got PSS A340 Pro. I'm running 9.1 and so have loaded the latest fsuipc.dll 3.4.5 but i'm getting a problem. I know that you've got to start in a default aircraft first so that it all works properley so heres the deal. I start the flight in a de...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
The-GPS-Kid

Virtual Airlines for Flying Off-line?

Hi, Does anyone know whether there are any VA's where you can do your flying off-line ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on

Airbus Throttle

I know from flight simming that the airbus aircraft use a gate throttle system (i.e. CL, FLX-MCT, TO-GA) but is manual thrust possible or as soon as you move the throttle is is in the CL mode and controlled by the computer...how would you taxi???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
redjay

Learjet Sound

Anyone know of any sound addons for the learjet? Id really like to hear some kind of thudding sound when i land, or am i asking too much?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mypilot

[ Poll ] polls

Which one do you prefer?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
mypilot

Celsius to farinheit

How do you translate Celsius into farinheit? I'm in Nothern Alaska and it is -23 Celsius! I think thats cold....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
pj77

Cant find refuel stations!!!!!

Just flown onto Schipol (EHAM) Airport Amsterdam and cant locate any fuel stations, need a little more of the go juice to get us on to JFK can anyone help where to locate the fuel station and any tips on finding them in general. Thanks in advance. Capt PJ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
wenglish101989

Check Internet Connection on Real World Weather

i can't get my real world weather to work for fs9. Every time i try to download the weather it tells me to check my internet connection. I know my internet's fine, i can use the internet, so what's wrong? has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on

Approach Hold

Hello I was wondering, using the AutoPilot in the 737 is pretty easy, but landing manually is kind of hard. If im travelling at 150 knots at final approach using ILS during the ATP lesson. I cant ever seem to find a good rate of descent. What i mean...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mypilot

speed limits

I know that you have to maintain less than 250 knots when below 10,000MSL. Is that airspeed or ground speed?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
mypilot

De-Ice?

Am I suposed to keep De-Ice on while I am in a jet @ fl 320?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
mypilot

realistic or not?

Is it realistic for like a buisness jet like a Cessna Citation to fly VFR below 18000 MSL on a sight seeing trip?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
originalgrunge

VFR charts

So does anyone have a good site for VFR charts? I've got sites for any IFR approach/ airport taxi-diagram I'd like, but not for VFR....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Paiute on
Jared

FS2004 Configuration

Where in the main FS 2004 folder in the FS2004(FS9) configuration....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
DeltaDart

Win2K Resolution 1280 FS'04 only 800 ???

I've recently installd an older Radeon 7000 w/32M and my Win2K has all available resolutions (using 1280x1024) ... but FS'04 is still limited to only one selectable display - 800x600. All drivers appear OK. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mypilot

767?

Is the 767-200 considered a "Heavy" aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
FLYPAL

Realistic Roads and scenery

What is the best add-on out there for more realistic road and scenery for FS(...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Another Add-On

Hello, i currently have two add ons for FS2004...the PSS Airbus A31-/320/321 and the PMDG 737NG...i am interested in another add on..., i heard wilco pub is a pretty good company but out of the three regional jet sims (ERJ145, CRJ Next Generation, CRJ 200...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
redjay

Long Haul laziness

I love doing long haul flights but i have one big problem. i cant be bothered sitting all the way thru a 12 hour flight (even on 8x simulation). i have set my autopilot to follow gps so i dont have to adjust heading during cruising however the atc handove...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
pj77

Time Acceleration in the "options" settings????

Hi guys, new to the game and it says in the menu you can accelarate the time settings in the "options" menu. I can only see a "settings" on the left flank and this does not contain the option for time acceleration. I did a general install not a custom one...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Micah

resolution vs screen size?

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me what to do. I have recently upgraded my computer to a P4 3.4gig machine with a 256mb ATI graphics card and 1 gig of ram, primarily for flight sim. I also have a new 19inch flat screen monitor, and my problem is that becaus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Rdelot

Download a great fs2004 video WMV 77.7 Mb

You can download the video from this link The video show diferents flights with militar and civil aircraft. A great sound and good compresion makes this video very interesting. I hope you like it You need winrar for uncompression 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on

Best FS9 Addons

What are the best Flight simulator 2004 add ons....i know the PMDG is probable number 1 but what are some others?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

PMDG FMC

Just a "further learning" question ..what are 4 letters on the PMDG FMC have a square around them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Chris102

Error when starting FS and game won't start

When I start FS, I get this error and the game won't start....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
michlin on
Insight

Question about saved flights

Ok, so I have been saving my flights as I have been going along.... now when I load up my flight to do the next leg of my journey how do I refill my fuel tanks? 🙂 I landed with only 8 gallons left (probably barely enough to take off and climb ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
twistedsucker

Where can I get this mod?

Can someone please give me a link to a mod that when a certain button or key is pressed, a bus or coach or truck comes to the plane and does some certain realistic movements or something like that. Does anyone know of a mod that could be like this? Tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
twistedsucker on
Sam Intel

Airport ADDONS

Is there something that I can download that puts more markings on the ramp, and put vehicals on the tarmac?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

setting autopilot to follow gps?

how do you set autopilot to follow the gps flight plan??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Mayfair

Does anyone know?

What do those letters that are painted on the side of commercial aircraft mean....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
C-GENX

[ Poll ] FLIGHT SIMULATION: ..."IT'S JUST A GAME!"

😳 ...OK, OK before you get your Ailerons in a Flap...(pardon the pun) and before all of you FLIGHT SIM SOLDIERS force me to change my membership name, understand THIS IS NOT MY PERSONAL OPINION. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! 😞 ㈴...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
RangerHLR

VF-1 Valkires, and YF-19s

I have searched like crazy, and I have only been able to find 2 VF-1 Valkires (from the anime Macross/Robotech) and NO YF-19 or VF-19s! Only one of the VF-1s work, and it dosent even have a VC. Anyone know of any others?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
redjay

FS Planner

Im sure i have read about this before on here (i havent visited for a while), but i find it really annoying when using the flight planner for transatlantic routes and the planner comes up with some ridiculous routes. (route via alaska for lhr to jfk or vi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
The-GPS-Kid on
Page 87 of 111