Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Jamie4590

Jetstreams

I've been reading about this fascinating phenomenon. I know that jet airway lines are viewable on the map in FS but are jetstreams recreated in any flight sim so you can either fly with or against them? Not that you would want to fly against them though!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
blue skies ahead

AI aircraft help

yes i know this is an anoying thing, but me and my friend were wondering how to download AI aircraft. i want to make FS more realistic. please help hi andrew S....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
spitfiresrule

Crosswind greaser

ohhh dont You just love it when you have a perfect flight and you didnt even plan on doing it 🙂 I just finished a flight with the super deca. and I always had trouble landing it but this time I nailed it even with a crosswind 😀 after a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Mustapha_wanqe

JeppView Charts - 3 People

Hello, I just got Jeppesen JeppView specifically for Flight Sim 04' and I believe the serial key lasts for 3 or 5 goes. But because you guys have helped me out a lot recently I thought I'd share the serial code for JeppView with 3 different people f...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Annoying little problem

hey all hope someone can help as its starting to get on my nerves,the problem is when i start fs it automaticly loads up at seattle,not much of a problem but its annoying having to wait for it to load just to exit back main menu. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Iflystuff

747 landing

why is it so impossible for me to land a b747? i can land any other boeing, a 737 a 757 a triple 7, but whenever i am coming in for the approach with a 747, i make the descent fine, but when i near the runway, the plane starts to ascend all by itself. i d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Matty231

FS Movie Format FSR-WMV

Hi, Is there any possible downloadable software that can change FS videos from .FSR to .WMV ID APPRECIATE HELP Thanks, Matty...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Nero89

a question for real life pilots

As the end of my schooling fast approaches, its got me thinking about what i would like to do after i leave school. I have come to the conclusion that I would really like to become a commercial pilot. One problem... I have a disability which affects m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dvorak on
sylvan

Radarman PSU Recommendations?

It may be this week when I go out to buy the graphics card you have :groupwave: Just one thing I may have a problem with :umm...: Do you and would I need a PSU ❓ I don't know a thing about these, how they're fitted, what Wattage etc. O...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mikecurrie on
alohajoe

American FsPassengers???

Hey guys. I asked my Dad if i could FSpassengers off FSpassengers.com and he said he wasn't sending his Credit Card # to a European website 😞 . Does anyone know an American website where i could order FSpassengers? I Googled it and they were al...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mikecurrie on
meylan

need a favour please

hi, ive yet to find the problem thats causing fs9 to freeze up and i need to cross something off my list . could someone please do this for me it wont take 60 seconds . go into programmes>microsoft games>fs9>troubleshoot>safe mode. when ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
Pro-Sim

Feelthere ERJ users

Hi, This is for users of the Feelthere ERJ. I have produced a fictitious Operating Procedures Manual for the aircraft. What this is not; - It's not a set of Checklists. - It's not a User Guide for the add-on What this is; - It's an Ope...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Juhaket on
Jamie4590

Concorde Reheats

Are all four reheats used during the take-off in Concorde?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Furrykettle

Slow loading / processing with Fs-2004 COF

I have a new system, and decided to install FS2004 to see how it'd run. I can run on full settings fine. But the game seems awful sluggish when entering / exiting flights, changing from menus. These parts loaded faster on my older system! If i'm flying...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SimonSayers

Essential mods for FS9 (display enhancements etc)

I reinstalled FS9/2004 on my new system , Pumped the graphics to maximum and it runs like a charm. The sky and clowds look great but the ground and water look so so. I remember this water mod which gave water really cool reflections , but I can't find...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
pilotwannabe

Cayri

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but for those who fly on Vatsim....this site might proove useful ➡ http://www.cayri.org/ Sorry if it has been posted already 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
jhop

md-11 download

anyone know of a good md-11 download for fs 2002? ive found a few but the quality is not so great. thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on

FS Passengers Download Free or Buy?

I have been reading a lot on FS Passengers lately and I finally think I want to get it. I have one question though. When I went to the site, there was the option to download it for free or buy it. I'm assuming that most people just downloaded it free but ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Karlw

To everyone who has the flight 1 atr please help me :(

I just reinstalled the atr yesterday and everything works fine except the atr configuration maneger when ever i try to start it it says subscript out of range please help me 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Old Red

New troublesome behavior when flying

Shortly after I take off I get a message in the lower left hand side of the screen "PLAYING NEXT TRAK" when this appears the screen pauses for a few seconds the starts again but when it starts it is in the place where the plane would have been during the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on

Landing - roll out

Hi guys, When I land (in a boeing 777 default on FS2004) I carry out a full ILS approach etc. and land it every time on the line but as soon as I actually touch down the aircraft will jolt off the runway and I will have to steer it back on to the runwa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Jamie4590

Aquaplaning

Is there a way to emulate aquaplaning in MSFS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
valcan222

any better?

Hey everyone as some of you know I just got my new comp, and I am loveing it lol, but there are a few issues with FS9, one is that I have ground enviorment, yet it is still really blury in the distance, you know like its not really loaded on teh game yet....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
brownbox

still got a water effects problem...

well, ive done this post before but i decided to give it another shot at posting it 🙂 I cant change the water effects slider on my fs. I put it on high but when i go back to the menu, it is on low again. So the problem is that if I want to inst...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on

FsPassengers Voicepacks?

Hi everyone I am getting tired of the same announcements over and over in FsPax, it feels a bit 'canned' if you know what I mean, I know the exact words that are going to come up and when because I fly often! Are there any more voicepacks I can down...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
tomthetank

Free scenery and more

I answered this thread ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/18681/best-freeware-airports-in-fs9/ After pressing submit I remembered something else Italian,and again free Free adventures ➡ http://www.mgsim.com/downl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Jamie4590

Flight Analysis

Is there any software to add to FS2004 so after a flight there is a summary screen giving an overall flight performance percentage and other results?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
hinch

failures

i was playing around with a craft (not yet on the market 😛) when i got a complete electrical failure - not good flying ifr in fog. i managed to glide long enough to drop and see the airport and i pulled off a successful landing managing to stop in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
graham05

NORCAL app/dep in the sfo bay are

Hello I rote a message over a month ago and I still haven't got a reply the message said "Is there any way to change the old Bay dep/app to the new NORCAL dep/app in the sfo bay area" can somone please help. 😞 Graham...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
graham05 on
SteveT

Something missing

Hi, When doing long haul flights..I tend to get a little bored if you like when up in the air at my cruise altitude...doing nothing for about five hours. Is their any add-on which can be used to fill this time when I am up in the air so I don't feel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
GoneGolfing

Driver unloading

Hi guys, for the last 2 days i been suffering from the case of the unloading driver when i start up FS2004. I know its almost about time i upgrade this card maybe sometime next month i will but for now im running a GeForce4 MX 440 graphics adapter, its be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoneGolfing on

CLS 340-600

hi all, i bought cls a340-600 but have now got a new computer, however i burned the files for the 340 to a disk to put them onto my new computer and it wont let me add them. anyone got any ideas how i can transfer them onto my new computer?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MrSam on
ceetee

DC-3 Jump Seat Ride (Real Life Photo Log)

Geoff Cooper, aka Spinco, an Air New Zealand 777 pilot whom I met on the PPRuNe forums was ever so generous in offering me a ride in the Warbird Dakota Society DC-3 from Ardmore Airport this morning! We met over at the NZ Warbirds headquarters at 10:15...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Jamie4590

Flightplan File Location

I don't have a printer attached to my computer so is there a way I can send the flightplan file to another computer to print it off? Its a pain to pause the flight evey time I want to view it and writing down the co-ords, fuel etc of all the waypoints tak...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on

ATC sound

I am having a problem with my sound. Everything else sounds fine except ATC or instructors..either too fast or too slow. Does anyone have any ideas....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mikecurrie

ATC sucks

I was flying into paris, on final, ATC said i was clear to land on the runway. Weather wasn't great, visibility a little low, and then BAM! I see a 747 fly over my head! lets just say it was a suprise!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mikecurrie on
Lost_confused_angry

fs9 cd3 stratched...

Hi, my fs2004 cd3 is slightly stratched and I can't complete the game's installation... I've tried everything - i even tried to manually extract the files on disc3 to the fs9 directory. Although, some of the files extract fine, there are several oth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
tiger7881

PMDG Problem !!!

Hey, after the Answears of my post wahts PMDG i was interested and went to the website and was trying to download the plane i wanted, i downloaded but at the setup its says that something with the terxture or any file, and its closing all setup. whats the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on

PMDG... FANTASTIC!!

I would like to thoroughly recommend this aircraft if you are up for nearly the real thing! It is fantastic, everything is so realistic..from the overhead to the FMC and the main panel itself as well as the sounds. This aircraft is not for people who have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
calum

PMDG 737 autopilot

Hi Guys, Most of the time when I swith the autopilot button on I can then click the necessary buttons to set heading and rate of climb etc. Sometimes though, The other lights won't go on when I press them and the plane starts doing dangerous things. If...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
BashDaBish

7300GT DDR3 card

Does anyone use the Nvidia 7300GT DDR3 card with FS9? I have just ordered 2 for SLI usage and wondered if anyone has any oppinions or experiances with the said card?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MrSam on
MrSam

Ideal graphics settings?

I recently updated my computer, and in my humble opinion it's pretty darn powerful (2 gigs dual channel ram) (it can easily handle Battlefield 2 at max settings). So I decided to fire up and install FS2004 again and bring back the glory. But here I am...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MrSam on
ceetee

777 Captain's Real Life Photos!

For more pictures like this, go to: http://nzff.org/forum/ and have a look in the 'Real World Aviation' forum 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
tiger7881

MY FSP SCREWED UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, i am realy angry !, why? yesterday i had a flight with my Dash 8 From CYYZ to CYBG and i was getting closer about to descend, and then while its auto pilot my dad wanted the computer, and was trying to play 😳 he was desending like crazy...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
CtrlAltDlt

Question for RadarMan

hey RadarMan, do you know if there is any icing effect built into the default FS9? Also carbuerator icing? As well as pitot tube? The default aircraft come with carb and pitot tube heat controls, but I don't know if they're any use at all. Will the aircra...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
ceetee

My First Real Flight Report (21 images) INCLUDES AEROBATICS

I was offered to be taken up for a spin by a pilot named Wombat (aka Andrew Hope) around the city of Auckland in his American Champion Citabria aircraft- We had an amazing time! Before I start my report, I would firstly like to thank Andrew for his out...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
UltimA

What are your payware expansions?

Hello guys, I know it's been asked before in the past but let's make this a new and updated post. I'm wondering what expansions you guys have on your FS? I have quite a lot which I will try and post 😂 I just became obsessed; once yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
Straka22

360 turns in slew mode

Hey everybody, I got a quick question. How do you turn 360 degrees in slew mode?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Straka22 on
mcmxl

FS, How Real?

This question stems from this post, https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/18554/around-world-in-crj-900-leg-32-sesm-video/ I saw the video and got on my FS and flew out of that hole in a cessna. I also showed the video to my dad who use to be ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dvorak on
Jamie4590

FS2004 GPS Screen

I have an add-on aircraft (Altitude software's Concorde to be specific) and I'm unable to use the GPS navigation screen for it as the aircrafts navigation system is the INS. As wondrous as the INS is, it makes flight planning and preparation tedious and t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Page 36 of 111