Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

NeilA

Farnborough EGLF

I noticed an ILS problem (possibly) while landing at EGLF today. I tune in the ILS 111.55 and course of 065 and follow it to landing. As I get nearer the runway the ILS takes me to the center of the runway instead of the usual two white blobs near the 0...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dvorak on
tiger7881

Spitfire flying over alaska

Hey people, as i promised to show u another video i created one, and its a Spitfire flying over alaska's mountains and its beutiful there. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3FA1966A5FBBF833 The video is about 11 mins, so it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on

Approach altitude?

I would like to know what altitude you should be at idealy when on approach such as for example, in a boeing 777 15 miles out, at what altitude should you be then and by how much should you decend before flaring? What altitude should be at say 1-5 miles o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Pilau

Aircraft Reflections

Does anybody uses an add on to enhance the reflections of aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
deanos63 on

fs9 being slow

hi all, i bought a new cmputer and fs9 is being very slow, i have all the requirements for the game ut for some reason it doesnt seem to enjoy my computer. has anyone had the same problem and how did they resolve the slowness issue? also i am with fs ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Excelsis

Mooney Bravo drifts

Sorry if this has been covered before. I am flying the Mooney Bravo for the first time and after taking off it drifts quite significantly to the right. I have no wind, I have set weather to clear skies yet it still drifts off. The only way I can corr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
tiger7881

1023 ???

hi, i was waiting untill someone will ask what the 1023 folder for in FS2004 any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
ceetee

New planespotting photos ... with a differance! 56k friendly

Hi all, I like to photograph aircraft, normally at Auckland International Airport (NZAA), but today my photos are different from the rest. There are no heavy jets here. This time I went on a photo shoot at Ardmore Airport (NZAR), New Zealand’s busies...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dvorak on
deanos63

My FSPassengers has gone crazy?

Destination London City Airport, Descending to FL020 going over buckingham palace etc. and all of a sudden i have bullets shot at me and i am warned about flying ver a war zone??? WTF!? central london! Has this got something to do with terroism??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
calum

Landing 737 in crosswind

Hi Guys, How can I make landing in a crosswind easier. Is it to do with Rudders? I only use a yoke. I bought rudder pedals but only used them once and they seemed to do weird things, pulling to the sides due to the brakes. I suppose i could dissa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
jeffb57

International Charts

Was wondering if anyone knows where to get apporach charts and an airport diagram for Paris CDG, thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
deanos63

CALIBRE SOFTWARE - WEATHER MAKER PRO V4

can anyone tell me if this is any good? it is a cheaper program then active sky 6, and i'm stuck between which one to purchase??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Trizz

Autoland real?

Yo, I was wondering. Is using the ILS frequency in the Radio stack to autoland the plane fictional, or do real pilots actually use it. (I personally never use it, but want to know for trivial knowledge 😉 )...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
verygom on
Excelsis

V1, V2, VR...

Hi everyone Can anyone tell me what V1, V2, VR mean when applied to jet flying? I know they are something to do with speeds but can't figure out exactly what they refer to. And what does the abbreviation"V" mean anyway...? Is it velocity?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Trizz

Huh?

Yo, another question. Whenever I set the weather to either cloudy or even a little foggy, the fog and sky turns yellow!? It's like I'm in a dust bowl instead of a white fog cloud. Any1 know how I could fix this TIA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Trizz on
RichT

Graphics still not right?

Hi everyone I finally got around to buying a powerful PC with a powerful processor and double graphics cards and memory etc. After loading FS2004 and all the terrain and environment enhancements, although much more realistic than before, it still doesn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rich T on
leachus2002

PMDG 737 - Problem with FMC....

Hey Peeps, I am about 99% there when it comes to managing the FMC in my Precision Manuals 737, but there is just 1 thing that I cannot sort. I am unable to change the distance between the airport and the T/D sequence. and the distance that the FMC s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on

speed below 10,000FT?

do they really keep under 250kn nuder 10,000ft in both climb and descent? I was flying out of Houston the other day and the in-flight monitor said like 318MPH during climb, which even converted still more than 250kn. I alwasy keep under 250 on the fli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
calum

Landing speed 737

High guys, I hope you can help. What speed should you be at as you touch down on the runway in a 737. I think I try and come in too slow and sometimes stall above the runway. Not good!!!!!!!!!! Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BB27 on
Pilau

Changing Spot View Settings - Once and for all - Help

One of the requirements for ActiveCamera 2004's spot view is that the FS2004 spot view be disabled. This is done in the View Options page, which in turn can be accessed from the "alt" menu during a flight. The annoying thing is, I have to set this up E...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
brownbox

Oops, I feel short of the runway at Auckland

fell short of the runway at Auckland :oops: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/17776/oops-i-feel-short-of-runway-at-auckland_20abac1140eef61e0168e187bef16e78.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
brownbox

Im quitting silkair on fspax :(

I started of, and brought a a319 as my first aircraft. However my pilots points is -8000 (i used to be no good at flying) and my company has just gone bankrupt. So i feel that silkair no longer needs me as a pilot and i am resigning from my position as c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
deanos63

FS Wheather add on

Whats the best wheather download or add-on for fs2004? I want something with big storm clouds and some serious TURBULENCE! something for my FSpassengers to FEAR! other then little bumps now and agian when passing through a cloud! PLUS can i run ulti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
deanos63 on
Frequent Flyer

IE7 F**** FS UP!

For about a half year my FS would not respond when I tried to enter the main menu, and kneeboard etc. I tried it all from reinstalling FS, getting the newest files and using the lowest graphics. Today I found the reason for the problem. Internet explor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SteveT

F1 View

Hi, I hear you have to use the wheel on your mouse to use this utility. However I use a laptop..and therefore don#t have a mouse. How do I use it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
graham05

screen goes black in fs2004

Hi, my problem is sometimes when i am just flying around or doeing a long flight the screen just goes black. When it dose I can hear a sound that sounds like a error message but I cant see anything. And after that everythng comes back to normal but the sc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
graham05 on
ceetee

Latest and Greatest Planespotting Photos (July 2006)

It's that time again. That time when I realise, hey I haven’t been down the airport for a while... and so I pack my things and make my way down to NZAA with my scanner and camera ready to get some more photos to share with you guys on the forums ԅ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
chah

Flight Simulator 2004 Unlock Key?

Any one can help me to get FS2004 unlock Key? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
graham05

NORCAL app/dep in the sfo bay area

Hello Is there any way to change the old Bay dep/app to the new NORCAL dep/app in the sfo bay area ❓ Graham...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
graham05 on
Flyguy41983

Delta 737-247/ADV

Has Delta retired their 737-247/ADV? Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
valcan222

airports?

Hey everyone I was just wondering what are some of the largest airports in the US? and what is the largest airport in the west coast? and the east coast? ect.... thanks bb...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
john lund

FS 2004 crashes with no reasons or info

Well people may remember me as my computer kept on crashing and reebooting when running Fs2004. Well thanks to meylan, cheers pal, I have cured this fault. So if your computer reboots and windows says it's a driver problems reduce you hardware accelaratio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
john lund on

Dissapearing textures

FS 2004 always worked fine untill recently. All my aircraft lost their textures! The files are still there, so are the configuration files, but the aircraft (AI aircraft included) are all grey now. As far as I can tell it's the only thing that is wrong. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
claytonlocher

Skyline Alliance Fly-In

Skyline Alliance is having a fly-in in about 30 minutes from this post today (3:00pm CT) at KFSD in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Please fly default FS2004 planes!!! www.freewebs.com/skylinealliance is our website. IP Address is 67.38.117.13 Everyone is w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
Trizz

2 minor files crashed. 2 minor files needed

Hey every1. 2 of my files crashed, and if you dont mind would you send these two files to me? They are both located in the modules folder of Flight Simulator. gps_export.dll FSsound.dll And just a question. In foggy weather, the fog is yellow (not ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Karlw

To all people that own the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3/C-47

Would anyone recomend i get this plane does it have a gps? Thx again 😀 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
tiger7881

Videos !!!!!!!!

Grrr, hey ppl i am realy angry because i was posting many topics how to make a video from FS9 format to Media and how to post them on websites, and still nobody answearred me, and i wanna know plz someone help me, and its pitty not to awtch my nive landin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on

Where to buy FS Passengers?

I want to buy this after having a look through the screenshots gallery and seeing what it does etc. but I have tried searching for it on amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk but to no result Anyone know where I can buy it or anyone willing to lend it to me? I a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
Mc_GaNgStA

Uninstall.exe for FS2004

PLS URGENT!! Need the Uninstall.exe file. I can't remove FS2004, something is gone completely wrong....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
Mc_GaNgStA

How else can I purchase PMDG products?

I have recently bought a PMDG product, the B1900C and B1900D, and I want to buy the 737-NG, but the department store where I go to hasn't got it. I don't like the idea of purchasing goods over the Internet, as I don't feel to secure about it or have my ow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
brownbox

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

ok heres what happened. My graphics on fs2004 were crap. Absolutely rubbish. Then after reading a topic in the screenshot forum about greekmans pictures, i read that he had his mip-mapping turned up to 8. So I tried this, and look at the result i got! &#...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
FVA07

Sioux City-Sioux Falld multiplayer

at 300p today there will be a mp session on ip 67.38.117.13 use only default a/c check out www.freewebs.com/skylinealliance for me details...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
claytonlocher on
deanos63

Radar Contact 4

does anyone knowwhere i can buy RADAR CONTACT 4 from in the UK? I can't find it anywhere!?!? not even on ebay!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
HelloWorld

How to get FS Expansions?

You can easily get products for Flight Simulator by using eMule and other friendly P2P programs. I think there is a special deal going on...you can get 20 addonns for under £0.01. It is a great deal! A bargain not too be missed....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
leachus2002

PMDG 737 Possible Problem

Hey Peeps, I have just taken off in my PMDG 737 and as soon as I activated LNAV and VNAV this happened.... That climb rate looks too steep to me 😛 I have my climb speed set at 283knts, is this too fast? Anyone else had this problem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
SamIntel

Sloped RWY

Are there any sloped runways in FS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
gupta

Help with PMDG 737 FMC

I have the 737 PMDG and am starting to get my head round the FMC. I programme in everything i need to like waypoints etc. When i take off, do i use the autopilot Lnav for it to follow the course planned by the FMC and do i still need to use the speed butt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
meylan

Real world weather unable to download

hi , i have recently started using mozilla firefox ,i have disabled internet explorer because of the constant infections my pc gets .Now when i try to download real world weather theres an error message and its unable to download. Is this because IE is di...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
hinch

freeze ups with no pitot

i'm flying along at 8,000 feet in my vans rv7 and suddenly my altimeter and IS go. that isn't good flying at night, but what is worse is that the rv is not equipped with pitot heat. ok lessons learnt. i was out today again while reviewing some scenery ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
SilverRazor

Traffic.dll

I downloaded this one file (not from here, but somewher else) and in the file, it asked my to replace the traffic.dll file.....and i did! Now, whenever i try to start the game, it says that the file is missing or corrupt! I was wondering if there are any ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 36 of 111