Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Jamie4590

Gear Down

In zero zero conditions when is the best time to lower the landing gear? Would it be as late as the runway threashold?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
CoodyUPS347

Picking best VATSIM Server

Ok my problem is hopefully simple, when i log on to SquawkBox and pick my server there is only (for USA) south 3, south, and west. Does that mean if i'm taking off from LGA or BOS that no one will listen to me? And if so were can i download "East" or "Nor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CodyUPS347 on
Immanuel

Flight Lessons

Where can get Flight Lessons, either in North Europe or nearby Atlanta, Georgia USA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
FrozenIcE

FS2004 Camera Help

Ok im new to FS... and i tried FS X first. Then i got FS2004 but i noticed that the camera does not act like it does in Flight Simulator X. In FS X, when you press space and move around your mouse, the camera turns around, staying in place, as if you're t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FrozenIcE on
SteveT

Disk Clean up

Hi, I have noticed that I can clean up about 75000KB off my temporary files. Is it safe to delete them and what are my temporary files? thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
Excelsis

rotate?

Can anyone explain to me what the term "rotate"means when referring to take-off? I am flying the Learjet for the first time and the instructions tell me I must apply VR ROTATE on take-off. What does VR mean as well? Thanks in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
cumpaniciu_one

KIAS, Ground speed and MACH

I'm looking at a cockpit picture on airliners.net (B767) KIAS: 274 (on both indicators) Ground speed: 367 MACH: .812 The speed of sound (standard atmosphere) is 643.9, so MACH .812 would be around 522 knots. Where is the difference coming from? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
edr1073

Default DC-3

I like the look but not the feel of the DC-3 in FS9. I cannot get this beautiful aircraft to taxi. I have no control on the ground. I use a joystick. Any other aircraft I have full control. Any suggestions are welcome.. Thank you in advance. :...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Odyssey

A couple of quick questions

Good evening gents (or what ever the case may be) I have a couple of questions. 1/ I saved a fspax flight half way through and went to exit fs but it came up with a message saying the flight would be terminated if I exit now. Is it possible to save ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Odyssey

FS Pax problem

I have just purchased the full version of FS Pax. I have recieved the reciept for it. Where do I download it and where is the unlock code? Od 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Odyssey on

Virtual Cockpit Views

Hi guys, How do I look around the virtual cockpit? I know + and - controls the zoom, and the number pads look left and right etc, but I want to get views like these on Wings of Power, where you can see the side door etc: http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sim/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
fmpjb

fs9.cfg?

anyone know where the FS9.CFG file is located? for the life of me i can't fine it! lol...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
WantFSX

Resolution?

Ok, another stupid question....which is better-1024x768x16 or 1024x768x32.....what are the differences? Thanks! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
tommy10101

tracker IR help

Hi all. I am having trouble getting my tracker IR to work. It moves the mouse fine and is all working properly i am just not sure how to get it to move the view in the cockpit. Can anyone please help. Thanks alot 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mypilot

[ Poll ] PFD

If 5 of your primary flight display instruments were to fail, which one would you want to be the one that does not fail?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
David M

Help Needed

Hi guys I know this has probably been asked over a hundred times but I'm thinking of buying either FS2004 or Combat Simulator but am unsure as to which is the better of the two. I quite fancy the combat missions but im unsure if there are any Vulcan ad...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
minicaptain

afcad and ai aircraft

hi everyone, i have a problem with afcad and ai planes, i just got an afcad file for sydney intl but my ai planes(virgin blue, jetstar, qantas) dont go to the assigned gates for those airlines, do i have to do something else before besides adding the afca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
SeanGa

Becoming an ATP

I called Aerotec in Spain (a pilot school) and asked various questions regarding their school and their ATPL course. I asked how much it costs, and they said 60 000 euros! Is that normal for an ATPL liscense? To me it seems waaaay too much.. Would ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on

How to stop jumping frames and hiccups...!!!

I have a hell of a good gear to run the FS9 pro and even that way cant avoid jumps on the frame rates and a couple of annoying hiccups at aproach to runway every time...If some one have a concret answer wil apreciate..I have try turning of the antialias a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on

HELP PLEASE

i am still i need of some help trying to put new secenery and AI traffic on. What files do i put the downloaded files into? Thanks Guys...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

Justflight Spitfire/Aeroplane Heaven Download Query

I've just installed the Justflight Spitfire add on, created by Aeroplane Heaven, and the great free Hurricane download from Aeroplane Heaven. Mostly they work great. However, when switching views, I find that it takes a couple of seconds or so for the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
john parry

boeing777 climbing to cruise altitude

I cannot get a 777 to go all the way up to its max cruise altitude of 42000. At some point the air speed drops off and it goes into a stall. Iss this just a glitch in the game?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Immanuel

Help Recording a Flight Video

When I record a Flight Video, is there a folder where I can copy the video file into Windows Movie Maker or something??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on
Odyssey

Hello Houston, this is Odyssey, it's good to see you again.

After being out of the pilot seat for some months due to a technical malfunction with my computer, I am finally back in action. It's been a while. How is everyone? How's the flying going? Od 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on

FS Passengers Purchase

Hi there. I've just had a look at the details of purchase of FS PAX on their website. Do I need to download the demo version before purchasing the unlock code or can I just purchase the unlock code straight off and download it that way??????????????????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
brownbox

fs9.cfg tweak please

anyone know some changes I can make to my cfg to make the graphics better in any way? cheers 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
valcan222

Fs passangers. how is this?

hey everyone I just made a flight I am vary happy with it but I wanted to see what you all think. Flight 2245 End of flight report Date August 18 2006 Flight ID: 2245 Pilot: brian bannon Company: Delta Aircraft: Level ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on

Info on FS Passengers

Good day gentlemen. I need some info on FS passangers. WHere do I get it; how much is it going to cost me; what's new about it; what are the chances of getting a virus; how do I install it and use it etc. Any response would be appreciated. Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
halesy

CD patch

hi, i was just wondering if there is a no-CD patch or "crack" for disk four because mine has been borrowed by a 'friend' and came back too scratched up to work :wall: thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
brownbox

saved flights

anyone know where the save files are kept on fs9? cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Hawk_345

Project Open Sky ?

I downloaded the airbusses and the 737s and 757s but it need something else. Why doesent posky ever put in panels and VC i hate flying aircraft with panes, it takes the realisme out. Anyway i dont supose any1 knows of any panels and or VCs for 2 engined a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
F-5E Tiger II

Ever tried running FS2004 on an Intel-powered MacBook?

Hi! I'm planning to buy an Intel-powered MacBook 2.0GHz soon. I'm wondering if the FS2004 would work fine in the Mac OS X Tiger by running it thru Bootcamp or Parallels? - Rich...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
musnkatz

strange install?

I re-installed my FS 2004, and now it opens onto a full page, with no menu. I can't load my flight plans, or use any of the features on the menu now..also, the cursor seems to flutter when I have a take-off prepared. Help!! musnkatz musnkatz@earthlink.n...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
azabro

Perfect Water Textures

Does anybody know of any download sites where I can download a "near perfect" water texture??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
azabro on
Gord 14

Fs9.config file

How and where do I find the FS9 config file? I used the search program in windows Xp with no results....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gord 14 on
graham05

ATC in online gameplay

Hello OK. I have the AudioFX Force Feedback Gaming Headset and i whant to know if there is a way to talk back to the tower people in online gameplay (as a pilot). like the fsx video. the headset has a voice recognition microphone. can some...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
M15

Help me take off!!

Hey all, I bought myself the CH Products Pro Pedals and CH Flight Sim Yoke to replace my € 15,- joystick. Of course I had to get used to flying with the pedals, but whenever autorudder is turned off, the moment I take off the plane starts making a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
F-5E Tiger II on
valcan222

blurry

Hey everyone, just wondering is there a way to make senery load sooner? well what I am trying to say is make it not blurry in the distance. any suggestions? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lenin on
davidmac1

Lost Disk 1

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I recently uninstalled FS9 and now can't reinstall it because I've lost disk1. Can i download what was on that disk or am i stuffed?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
cumpaniciu_one

Non-VOR waypoints

I created a flight plan that has quite a few non-VOR waypoints (just lat/long specification). At some of the waypoints I'm supposed to change heading. Assuming I'm not using the GPS terminal, how am I supposed to know when I reach a given waypoint? Is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
graham05

ILS approach turn distance

Hello I have a problem. every time I am IFR I usually do the ILS approach but when they give me the the turns they take me out to 35+ miles from the airport, in the real world they usually dont take you that far. And if i do a visual approa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
oalvarezjr

AI planes NOT parked close to gates or worse: is this normal

question and good day to all. my first post, and yes, i have tried searching for the answer to my question. i'm using fs04 and typically fly out of LAX (los angeles intl). i use ultimate traffic. is it normal for AI aircraft to be parked so far away fr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oalvarezjr on
leeroor

Filling up fuel

I'm currently parked at an airport and in desperate need for fuel to continue my travels, is there a way to refuel if so how is it done?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on

GPS LNAV guidance in the IFLY 747-400

Ok, I know how to add the GPS to the Ifly 744 but is it possible to use GPS Hold, like in the other freeware aircraft, to make sure that the airplane stays nicely on course and doesnt veer off over time? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
Grim

small jets

i've searched other sites fsimcafe and this site as wel im looking for a small jet, small but fast, something like a leerjet in fs2004, i can't fly a boeing and its too big for me, i wanna fly something like a leerjet can you point me towards one? i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Grim on
chrissie

Problem w/ Downloading weather in FS9

Is anyone having problem downloading the real world weather?? Well I am having problems today with downloading the real world weather. When I do download it, It give my the error message to check my internet connection, in with I have my internet. Can any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
mypilot

disapearing afcads

➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/19325/disapearing-afcads/ Any thoughts ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
flight1

broken disk

i have broken disk 4 of my flight sim 2004 like to get it again so i can use my flight sim again can someone help me please....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
cumpaniciu_one

ATC vectors

I filed and got clearance for IFR plan from Seattle Tacoma to Bremerton Int'l. The controller told me to expect ILS 19 approach, then proceeded to vector me to Bremerton. The last I heard from him was 19 nm north of Brem. airport, he told me to turn 22...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
guest_greg

mouse as joystick?

i just bought flight sim 2004, and am a pretty casual gamer. the last flight sim i had was the combat flight sim and you could right click on the screen to look around the cockpit and then right click again to use the mouse to control the plane. is ther...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 34 of 111