Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

tiger7881

A320 AC Landing at CYOW from CYYZ

Thats an example what u should not do, this is an auto piot approach and landing, i didnt land this aircraft manualy, so this Airbus 320 Air Canada landing, with auto pilot, by the way thats my first time landing with auto pilot, so dont be amaized, i lik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on

Should I get the PMDG 737NG?

Hi everyone I'm 14 and I'm wondering should I buy the PMDG 737NG? My favourite plane is the 737-800, closely followed by the 737-700, which is good, but I never flew a 737-900 though What liveries does the 737-800 come with? This will be my fi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
valcan222

level D 767

hey everyone I have a few questions for thoes of you who have the level D 767. If I download it from there site, dose it come with a PDF Manual? Or do I have to buy it sepreatly? second How many passanger can it carry? I have FS Passangers and I would lik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on

anybody got a video of a crash?

i want to see what it looks like when you crash as i am getting the game soon....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
Ollie-needhelp

fs 2004 with Geforce 6800

this pc will not play fs 2004. when i click on it . it comes up with the 1st screen the whole "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004" and the prtty pic of the planes than a black sreen comes up with white lines and go back to windows desk top pc spec is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
dejablue

fs2004 HUGE glitch

@ar6 is the airport code. fly 2ar6 is airport id. then its in arkansas. the name is "mineral springs" fly east of the airport and you will see hills and bad looking mountains. fly over and there is a 10,000ft hole that is aabout 10 sq miles wide and long....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
asker

Multiple Screens at the same time

Hi all, I want 2 screens connecting on my pc (1 for flight sim and 1 for radar systems,gauge display,etc...) and use them together in flight. But I've got only 1 port on my videocard to connect a screen. So I was thinking... If I buy something lik...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
wlkin

Excitement in Africa

Been hanging around Africa the last few days, test flying a FS2004 DHC-6 Twin Otter, I am thinking of purchasing. Interesting early morning. http://www.kinseyclan.com/fse/16jul/16jul.html wlkin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
valcan222

final thoughts?

well after playing around with many diffrent configs for a new computer I think I am going to stick to this one, what do you all think? Motherboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForxce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Re...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
valcan222 on

hard land

When landing i always make a hard land for some reason. I use the autopilot to desend to 500ft then i disengage it and fly the rest myself but as soon as i land the front just bangs straight down! ive even had sparks fly off when i fly a boeing 777 i s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
WantFSX

ILS Problem

Does anyone have an ILS problem for KMCF(Macdill AFB, Tampa, FL)...It guides me way off track.... 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
NeilA

Farnborough EGLF

I noticed an ILS problem (possibly) while landing at EGLF today. I tune in the ILS 111.55 and course of 065 and follow it to landing. As I get nearer the runway the ILS takes me to the center of the runway instead of the usual two white blobs near the 0...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dvorak on
tiger7881

Spitfire flying over alaska

Hey people, as i promised to show u another video i created one, and its a Spitfire flying over alaska's mountains and its beutiful there. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3FA1966A5FBBF833 The video is about 11 mins, so it ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on

Approach altitude?

I would like to know what altitude you should be at idealy when on approach such as for example, in a boeing 777 15 miles out, at what altitude should you be then and by how much should you decend before flaring? What altitude should be at say 1-5 miles o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Excelsis

rotation

Something that's been bugging me ever since I began FS9, and perhaps the answer is obvious, but why is is it called "rotation" when take-off occurs? Does anything actually rotate at that juncture, apart from the wheels and engines?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
Pilau

Aircraft Reflections

Does anybody uses an add on to enhance the reflections of aircraft?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
deanos63 on

fs9 being slow

hi all, i bought a new cmputer and fs9 is being very slow, i have all the requirements for the game ut for some reason it doesnt seem to enjoy my computer. has anyone had the same problem and how did they resolve the slowness issue? also i am with fs ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Excelsis

Mooney Bravo drifts

Sorry if this has been covered before. I am flying the Mooney Bravo for the first time and after taking off it drifts quite significantly to the right. I have no wind, I have set weather to clear skies yet it still drifts off. The only way I can corr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
tiger7881

Moderators something for u .

Hey i wanna say this especialy for the moderaters ,i think its a good idea to make a forum about FS2004 videos?...because now many people i think interested to watch videos and how about u will opena a forum?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
tiger7881

1023 ???

hi, i was waiting untill someone will ask what the 1023 folder for in FS2004 any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
ceetee

New planespotting photos ... with a differance! 56k friendly

Hi all, I like to photograph aircraft, normally at Auckland International Airport (NZAA), but today my photos are different from the rest. There are no heavy jets here. This time I went on a photo shoot at Ardmore Airport (NZAR), New Zealand’s busies...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dvorak on
deanos63

My FSPassengers has gone crazy?

Destination London City Airport, Descending to FL020 going over buckingham palace etc. and all of a sudden i have bullets shot at me and i am warned about flying ver a war zone??? WTF!? central london! Has this got something to do with terroism??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
calum

Landing 737 in crosswind

Hi Guys, How can I make landing in a crosswind easier. Is it to do with Rudders? I only use a yoke. I bought rudder pedals but only used them once and they seemed to do weird things, pulling to the sides due to the brakes. I suppose i could dissa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
jeffb57

International Charts

Was wondering if anyone knows where to get apporach charts and an airport diagram for Paris CDG, thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
deanos63

CALIBRE SOFTWARE - WEATHER MAKER PRO V4

can anyone tell me if this is any good? it is a cheaper program then active sky 6, and i'm stuck between which one to purchase??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Trizz

Autoland real?

Yo, I was wondering. Is using the ILS frequency in the Radio stack to autoland the plane fictional, or do real pilots actually use it. (I personally never use it, but want to know for trivial knowledge 😉 )...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
verygom on
Excelsis

V1, V2, VR...

Hi everyone Can anyone tell me what V1, V2, VR mean when applied to jet flying? I know they are something to do with speeds but can't figure out exactly what they refer to. And what does the abbreviation"V" mean anyway...? Is it velocity?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Trizz

Huh?

Yo, another question. Whenever I set the weather to either cloudy or even a little foggy, the fog and sky turns yellow!? It's like I'm in a dust bowl instead of a white fog cloud. Any1 know how I could fix this TIA...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Trizz on
RichT

Graphics still not right?

Hi everyone I finally got around to buying a powerful PC with a powerful processor and double graphics cards and memory etc. After loading FS2004 and all the terrain and environment enhancements, although much more realistic than before, it still doesn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rich T on
leachus2002

PMDG 737 - Problem with FMC....

Hey Peeps, I am about 99% there when it comes to managing the FMC in my Precision Manuals 737, but there is just 1 thing that I cannot sort. I am unable to change the distance between the airport and the T/D sequence. and the distance that the FMC s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
leachus2002 on

speed below 10,000FT?

do they really keep under 250kn nuder 10,000ft in both climb and descent? I was flying out of Houston the other day and the in-flight monitor said like 318MPH during climb, which even converted still more than 250kn. I alwasy keep under 250 on the fli...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
calum

Landing speed 737

High guys, I hope you can help. What speed should you be at as you touch down on the runway in a 737. I think I try and come in too slow and sometimes stall above the runway. Not good!!!!!!!!!! Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BB27 on
Pilau

Changing Spot View Settings - Once and for all - Help

One of the requirements for ActiveCamera 2004's spot view is that the FS2004 spot view be disabled. This is done in the View Options page, which in turn can be accessed from the "alt" menu during a flight. The annoying thing is, I have to set this up E...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
brownbox

Oops, I feel short of the runway at Auckland

fell short of the runway at Auckland :oops: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/17776/oops-i-feel-short-of-runway-at-auckland_20abac1140eef61e0168e187bef16e78.jpg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
brownbox

Im quitting silkair on fspax :(

I started of, and brought a a319 as my first aircraft. However my pilots points is -8000 (i used to be no good at flying) and my company has just gone bankrupt. So i feel that silkair no longer needs me as a pilot and i am resigning from my position as c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
deanos63

FS Wheather add on

Whats the best wheather download or add-on for fs2004? I want something with big storm clouds and some serious TURBULENCE! something for my FSpassengers to FEAR! other then little bumps now and agian when passing through a cloud! PLUS can i run ulti...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
deanos63 on
Frequent Flyer

IE7 F**** FS UP!

For about a half year my FS would not respond when I tried to enter the main menu, and kneeboard etc. I tried it all from reinstalling FS, getting the newest files and using the lowest graphics. Today I found the reason for the problem. Internet explor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
SteveT

F1 View

Hi, I hear you have to use the wheel on your mouse to use this utility. However I use a laptop..and therefore don#t have a mouse. How do I use it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on
graham05

screen goes black in fs2004

Hi, my problem is sometimes when i am just flying around or doeing a long flight the screen just goes black. When it dose I can hear a sound that sounds like a error message but I cant see anything. And after that everythng comes back to normal but the sc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
graham05 on
ceetee

Latest and Greatest Planespotting Photos (July 2006)

It's that time again. That time when I realise, hey I haven’t been down the airport for a while... and so I pack my things and make my way down to NZAA with my scanner and camera ready to get some more photos to share with you guys on the forums ԅ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
chah

Flight Simulator 2004 Unlock Key?

Any one can help me to get FS2004 unlock Key? Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
graham05

NORCAL app/dep in the sfo bay area

Hello Is there any way to change the old Bay dep/app to the new NORCAL dep/app in the sfo bay area ❓ Graham...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
graham05 on
Flyguy41983

Delta 737-247/ADV

Has Delta retired their 737-247/ADV? Brandon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
valcan222

airports?

Hey everyone I was just wondering what are some of the largest airports in the US? and what is the largest airport in the west coast? and the east coast? ect.... thanks bb...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
john lund

FS 2004 crashes with no reasons or info

Well people may remember me as my computer kept on crashing and reebooting when running Fs2004. Well thanks to meylan, cheers pal, I have cured this fault. So if your computer reboots and windows says it's a driver problems reduce you hardware accelaratio...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
john lund on

Dissapearing textures

FS 2004 always worked fine untill recently. All my aircraft lost their textures! The files are still there, so are the configuration files, but the aircraft (AI aircraft included) are all grey now. As far as I can tell it's the only thing that is wrong. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
claytonlocher

Skyline Alliance Fly-In

Skyline Alliance is having a fly-in in about 30 minutes from this post today (3:00pm CT) at KFSD in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Please fly default FS2004 planes!!! www.freewebs.com/skylinealliance is our website. IP Address is 67.38.117.13 Everyone is w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
Trizz

2 minor files crashed. 2 minor files needed

Hey every1. 2 of my files crashed, and if you dont mind would you send these two files to me? They are both located in the modules folder of Flight Simulator. gps_export.dll FSsound.dll And just a question. In foggy weather, the fog is yellow (not ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Karlw

To all people that own the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3/C-47

Would anyone recomend i get this plane does it have a gps? Thx again 😀 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
tiger7881

Videos !!!!!!!!

Grrr, hey ppl i am realy angry because i was posting many topics how to make a video from FS9 format to Media and how to post them on websites, and still nobody answearred me, and i wanna know plz someone help me, and its pitty not to awtch my nive landin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
Page 38 of 111