Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

deanos63

Airbus Fleet 2004

Hi all, Has anyone got the Airbus Fleet add on for MS 2004? I was thinking of getting it but then i saw Airbus A340 professional, according to the description of Airbus A340 pro, it has Flexing wings Plus the following “PSS-enhanced” features: ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Hawk_345

How do you use the gps in IFLy 747

How do you use the special navigatio system in the Ifly 747, i dont know how to plot a course to another airport so i hardly ever use this magnificent plane, could some1 give me steps on how to use this thing, i think its called FMC, if not is there a way...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Hawk_345 on

GPS for the Ifly 744

Is it possible to get some add-on for the ifly that will allow a gps to be used? I just simply cant use the FMC its too hard and I'd like to appreciate this great aircraft the simple way Is there anything I can add to the config file that will allow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
johnlund

Help system eboots when playing FS2004

😞 Please some one help me i've tried almost everything except a new AGP or motherboard. When I run FS2004 i could be on the runway or in the air there is no specific point at which my computer restarts its self. MS says its a device driver but...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
johnlund on
ceetee

Calling all Carenado C206 Owners!

I am having annoying troubles with my Carenado C206 at the moment, and need some other Carenado C206 oweners to help me out. My problem is that once airbourne. my craft always banks to the right BEFORE I turn autopilot on. It does not happen with any a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Spoty101

Help with GMAX

Does anybody have a tutorial that will help me to use GMAX so I can create airplanes. Gmax has one but it wont open. Please somebody tell me how its so confusing 😞 😞...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
captain dale

Broken!

Recentley I have tried to use Flight Sim 2004 and I have only got as far as seeing the splash screen and then its just about to load onto the homepage and then it goes back to the computer desktop?! I have tried to uninstall and then install a couple of t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Captain Dale on
Captain Dale

Radio

I am trying to fly various boeings from A - B and managing to do so picking up new skills such as GPS along the way. But I really want to now how to get clearance from the tower to take off and clearance to land etc?! I have looked everywhere! when I wan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Captain Dale on
Oberkomando

WORLD Airports 2

Hey there guy i found this complement for the fs9, and it is great, jus great. Now you can visit the 11 most important airports in the world at a full detailed scenary. NY JFK,London-Luton, Toronto, Frankfurt, Chicago O´hare, Washington Dulles, Las Veg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
mcmxl

737 ILS Approach with Flaps

Today I was practicing ILS approaches in my 737. Something I have never been succesfull at. Today my problem was, as soon as I intercepted the glide slope at 140knots with flaps at 10-25% the plane would decend way to rapidly and belly land/crash 2-3 mil...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mcmxl on
Pilau

FS2004 Display configs

Hi I have an FX5500 256MB, Pentium 4 1600 MHz, 512MB DDR. Can anybody please give me general directions to setup my display settings? What things are more important, etc. Thanks a lot!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Pilau on
cheeseburg

Upgrade Help!

Okay, I download the plane i want then i unzip the files, but after that i get completely lost and end up not getting the plane at all. Can any help me? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bartholomew

A question about touchdown

Suppose your Vref speed is 130 knots. You fly at that speed until the very flare but what do you do then? Are you supposed to touchdown at 130 knots (which means fly a few knots faster on approach), or should you reduce the power to idle on flare, reduce ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Liono

Radar Contact 4 + FSPassengers + FS2Crew + TrackIR 3

and the Level D 767 Add-on Radar Contact 4 + FSPassengers + FS2Crew + TrackIR 3 and the Level D 767 Add-on...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
-.Jester.-

CH Products F-16 Flight Stick

HI i was wondering does anyone have this joy stick???? and if you do can you tell me some more about it and if you like it or not??? thanks alot Nick...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
mikee747

CH Products Yoke

Hello, When you turn on the rudder you by default have to use the middle lever in your yoke. How do you change it to something better as in when you turn the yoke right the wheels will go right? Also, if any of you have one can you please tell me...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on
Spoty101

Airport Ground Traffic?

Does anybody know of an addon that gives mostly every airport ground traffic and follow me cars and moving gates?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on

POSKY 737-800 V-Speeds?

Hi there What are the V-Speeds for the POSKY 737-800 (or any 737-800, I'm sure there the same). I am looking for V1, VR, V2, VSO (or whatever the stall speed is called) VRef and whatever other V-Speeds I need I know that there will not be definit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
hms_endeavour

[ Poll ] CAP

I was wondering what the everyone thought about the CAP(civil air patrol) It's a group that works with the air force,army,and coast guard.they were the first to take an aerial photo of ground zero in new york,they do search and rescue missions and stop p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
tiger7881

Antialiasing

Hi guys, i will sound stupid for this question, what is anti aliasing, plz forgive me i actualy dont know english well, cuz i wasnt born incanada or us or england, i actualy moved to canada when i was 15, so excuse me for this questions and my spellin :oo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
hawk1009alpha

Carriers

O.K., I've seen pictures of people taking off carriers, but I can't find a carrier on FS2004, can someone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
leachus2002

Recommendations for a Payware Airbus A320

Hey peeps, Has anyone got any good recommendations for any payware Airbus 320s? I have been looking at the Wilco website, but not 100% happy with that one. Also looked at the phoenix-simulation software website, but they don't let you purchase a dow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
meylan

Save flight and load again

hello from stoke, England is it possible to save when your in the air and then load and be right where you saved it when i come to load the flight im back on the departure airport in a cessna (different plane than what was in my saved flight ) ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Didrik Dahl

My traffic

can i download my traffic for free???? I had it one time...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
brownbox

is it true that...

is it true that if a jet engine aircraft (e.g 747) sits on the runway with engines at full power for too long, they will tear up the tarmac?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Spoty101 on
nottobe

How high can you fly without pressure in cabin?

can you survive only using rich mixture, say 70%-80%, of oxygen in your cabin which is not presurized at high alt? Or if I wear oxygen mask, can I fly FL 300 without presurization?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
wscott52

Slow A36

I have a question. I bought the Dreamfleet A36 about a month ago and have been having fun with it. The question is: Why is the aircraft often much slower than adertised? Right now it's flying down the California coast at 11,000 feet making 140 knots IAS. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
Long-Distance

Additional Joystick Axis and Button Assignment

Does anyone know how to add new features to joystick axis like reverse throttle, both breaks L&R on one axis, Zoom ect... Also can you add button assignments like Instant replay, restart flight and other menu functions? Is it possible to make a button ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
pilotwannabe

Fuel calculations

Hi guys, I know that during the cruise, pilots check their fuel....to see if they've got a leake etc. I was just wondering what the equations for these calculations are so I can do them in my PMDG 737-600 😉 Also...what other checks shoul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Blake14 on
brownbox

fs pax air hostess messages

just wondering, is there any way to change the same old boring things that the hostess says on fs passengers? I know its not really important but it gets so boring 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
ceetee

Altitude Autopilot Question

I have a question concerning Altitude Hold with autopilot on jet aircraft. I have noticed on some jets, like the iFDG A319 for example, once you have autopilot engaged with alt. hold engaged, you can press the "+" and "-" when hovering over the gauge w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
pilotwannabe

Throttles

I was just doing a flight in the Beech 1900C and was having a problem with the throttles. The problem was that only one of them was responding to my commands via the joystick. The other one had to be moved manaully. Also Ctrl + Alt + F1 only shut one o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Paul,Paul

takeoff

Hello every1 im quite new to this so excuse me if this question sounds a bit stupid lol 😀 When i takeoff is there a way to keep the attidude indicator to stay at 10 untill i reach my crusing attidude 😀 Thanks in advance 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
Edoray

Install Problems - HELP!

FS9 won't switch into graphics mode, it just starts with the opening screen, then bounces me back to windows. Brand new install of a brand new (legal) fs9, on a clean freshly defraged hard drive. program installs without issues, but won't boot. same di...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
bonk1210

trim tab and brakes won't disengage

When starting any plane with a trim tab, it immediately goes all the way down, causing the nose of the plane to constantly maintain an up attitude pitch. It will not allow me to change the trim tab in any way. I have tried changing assignments and makin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
crosscheck9

types of Landing

Can someone please help me distinguish between CAT I, CAT II, and CAT III . . . As far as I know, they all require ILS, but I'm not sure what the differences are -- Also, how can I found out whether the r/w's are equipped with CAT I, CAT II, or CAT III. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
crosscheck9

A/T is off by +/- 10 kts

In almost every aircraft I fly, I notice that the autothrottle is off by around 10 kts each way. This is most noticable during descent and climb, i.e. when I'm descending, if I set the speed to 260 kts, it will hold around 270 kts. I know, however that ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
N111EG

Aircraft Carriers for FS2004

Does anyone know where I can download (and name of file) a good Aircraft Carrier and Aircraft (F18 or F14) with tail hooks for doing takeoff and landings on the Aircraft Carrier. I am using FS 2004. Thanks.. 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
valcan222

no CD crack?

hey every one well I am having some trubles with my disc for flight simulation and was wondeirng if I used a NO CD crack would that effect the game at all? becaues well I dont know if its my CD or my CD drive I live in the middle of no where and dust ruin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on

Confused about ADF intercepts

Hi I am having a hard time understanding the ADF intercept as described in the tutorial on this site. Does anyone have a formula or more detailed explenation on how to accomplish this. For example if I am flying 340 Heading and my RBI says 072 and I...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
JarJarBinks

FS9 Update

hey i have heard alot of talk about this update and what exactly does it do for me? ive never understood updates. what am i getting out of it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Paul,Paul

Excess G Forces

Hello, Can any1 tell me what this means and what can i do to prevent this from happening 😀 Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
bonk1210

cannot disable brakes

I cannot disable the brakes....I went to "assignments" and changed that all around still with no luck....Can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on

Hard landing

Hello 😀 how do prevent a hard landing happening cos im making a lot of those lol 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
valcan222

ok I am mad

OK I was on a flight from phenox to seattle in a boeing 737-800 I was at FL250 I had just crossed the california oregon border and a message comes up saying that microsoft flight simulator has incounterd a problem and needs to close this is the first time...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Chris102, I have your test answers here.

The reason you've been getting bad grades is because you havent been asking ME...😛 just kidding, I dont know how I'll do either The answers should all be there. when I took my exam there, i got a 85% If you are on approach for rwy 26L with an O...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
idphilli on
brownbox

OMG LOOK!

Flight SLK720 End of flight report Date 13 June 2006 Flight ID: SLK720 Pilot: Kuljeet Singh Company: SilkAir Aircraft: A319-132 SilkAir Flight Date: 13 June 2006 Departure: 20h28 (14h28 GMT) Arrival: 04h18 (21h19 GMT) F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on
Rich T

Head Tracker - opinions?

I was looking at the TrackIR 3 Pro Head Tracker the other day. Has anybody used or got this, and what is your opinion ❓ Rich...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyaway on

Best Weather Add-on (Freeware or Payware)??

Hi What is the best weather add-on?? I would like to know what the best free one is and also what the best payware one is I would like one that would make clouds look more realistic Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
bandit78

Need the 'map' on a seperate file

After adding the realistic terrain the realistic landclass and such to my home area (Vancouver island) I found of course the water, mountians, heavey vegetation to be slowing it all down with the new add-ons. This I expected. However now when I want to fl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bandit78 on
Page 38 of 111