Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

ceetee

REALLY bad graphics.

Ok, so I just started up my sim, thought everything had been fixed by the IT guys at the shop (cost me $45 to take my PC in for an inspection yesterday) for my tour. I am climbing over Wellington harbour and notice all my textures look like utter crap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
Bob246

Questions...

What is the significance of the runway elevation? And how does it affect your approach and landing? What techniques and procedures are used to control the plane when a stall occurs? What techniques and procedures are used when landing or taking off ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Thunderbirdman2 on
valcan222

Ultimate Traffic question

Hey everyone I have had Ultimate traffic for a little wile now, my question is how can I replace the crappy planes that come with it? the ones that come with it well they just look like crap. is there a way I can replace them with better ones? please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
graham05 on
gta_freak26

FS2004 Crashes to desktop

When clicking on "A Century of Flight", and a few other menu items,it ccrashes to the desktop, with no error menu. Also, when trying to access the kneeboard in a flight, it crashes to a black screen, then after about 30 seconds, it crashes to desktop and...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
VegasFlyer

vertical speed

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me what should my take off verical speed be having in mind that I use the autopilot right after I get airborn? I set it on +3000 fpm. Also I could really use what should be the VS setting when doing an initial dece...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
bocboc

fly to an intersection

how do you know that you are heading to an intersection on a specific airway? do you use the gps or is there any other way if the gps cant be used?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
graham05

fs2004 ATC

Hello For a long time I have to put up with the same old ATC in fs2004 so I am planning on buying voxatc with AT&T natural voices, but before I go out and spend $75+ I want to know if there is any other way the chang the way ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on
meylan

help with walk and follow

hi , i need help with walk and follow . i know its only a trial version and some functions are disabled but i cant seem to do anything with it . im at the right airport . i can see the programme in the menu bar but non of the key assignments work , not ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
ronaldpatton

Been gone awhile, but now am flying for a living

Just thought I would check in. I've been busy moving to Arizona for a new job flying a 75 P-Navajo (N573B) for Mexican Gospel Mission. I'm available to help with real-world flying questions. I also now have a 73 Cessna 150 (N11445) that I use for teac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on

Turning/Lines

How do planes turn so shareply? how can you do it on fs9? Also real pilots out there how do you manage to follow the lines especially on a 747 when you cant even see the lines? how do you get the wheels centered on the lines?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Immanuel

3 Questions

I have three questions.. 1. How Do I get the Screen Wipers on 2. How do I get kind of like a smoke-beam just before landing when flaps are down 3. Where can I get a Cabin Announcer. All websites except avsim.com Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
Immanuel

Where can I get an FMC?

Where can I get a FMC??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

b2707/ concorde

how do i get the boeing to reach its speed of 2.73mach (i think)? everytime i try it ends up at full throttle at FL64 and its only going about mach 1.4 there are no reheats on this aircraft. also on a concorde how do i get it to reach mach 2.2? again F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Bartholomew

Engine anti-ice...

So my 727 manual tells me the engine anti-ice must be on when icing conditions are anticipated or at any time the OAT is below 8C (46F), and either moisture is visible or the OAT and dewpoint are within 3C (5F) of each other. It also says the minimum N...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bartholomew on
1337_guest

Aircraft Carriers

Three quick questions: 1. Are there aircraft carriers in FS2004? If yes- 2. Can you land on them? 3. Where are they located? That is all. Thank you for your time....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
greystone

CFS Campaigns

Pardon the newbie question: Looking for some add-in campaigns to CFS2. I found some in Combat Flight Center.com (http://www.combatfs.com) but most of the read me instructions require a lot of backing up of files, moving files, downloading planes from oth...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

14,000 Ft Balloon...What the...

Anybody seen the blimp balloon on the 14,000 foot rope in george town, MYEG, in the Bahamas? Does it really exist. I am supposing it does but I can't find any info on it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Jamie4590

Collision Course

Is there an instrument like a ground proximity warning system that alerts the pilot if they are flying a collision course towards a mountain or other obstruction? I've just discoverd the beautiful landscape around the Misoulla airport but have no charts t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
InTrouble

Private Pilot Checkride

I used the search option and didn't come up with anything, so I made a new thread, this is probably the only time I will post and I just need a little bit of help. This is FS2004 By the Way On the private pilot checkride, I take off, climb to 2000 fee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
M15

Help me land!!

Hi all, I have FS2004 installed over here. I decided to take all the flying lessons. But I have a problem with the landing lesson. I descent with a speed of 75 knots and 10 degrees of flaps, exactly like they tell you to do in the lesson. I pull bac...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
Danny9006

Towards Airports

Ok so when I'm flying towards my destination and i have the airport in sight and i'm about 30nm away what are the procedures next to line the plane up with the runway but still keeping a good distance for the approach? I usually end up right on top of the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

CH Virtual Pilot Pilot

I would like to know if there is an adapter to use my virtual pilot pro on a usb port, since it is a gameport plug it came with. bha19...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
max1

getin licenses

can i somehow get licenses without doing anything?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
meylan

fs2000 fs2002 in fs2004

Hi, can anybody tell me what the fs2000 and fs2002 files are for in the fs2004 main directory please. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Grant112

Appr

I have been following various guides to landings for weeks now and i still cannot get it. I am approaching the run way and as soon as i acivate the HDG and the NAV frequency and the APPR the autopilot just seems to take me completley off course. Can so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Tim2788

Jargon Buster

Can anybody tell me what the following abbreviations stand for and a brief explanation of their purpose: ADF Radio H.S.I Indicator VOR ILS DME NDB Rudder CRS Trim ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
max1

turning right when taking off..

When i try to take off, i put max. RPS and accelerating, after a few secs my plane turns to right (it always turns to north). help 🙄...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
lenin

ATC screen???

hello, i was flying online recently and there was an ATC controller who knew where everyone was and was doing ATC services. Where can i get this software and how do i do it? Is it difficult?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Karlw

jet blue

What other plane does Jet blue own other then the a 320's?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
Jamie4590

Airfield Elevation

Are there any tricks I can do with the altimeter when landing on a runway with a high elevation? The reason I ask is yesterday I planned a flight to an airport with an elevation of 3005ft. I made a note of this on paper. As I approached in complete dar...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lkw on

B757: EICAS and ECAM????

what is the purpose of ECAM? I would also like to know the operation of EICAS and ECAM? Does anyone know how does these systems works? there are too little info for ECAM... does anyone know any website which i could look up on? thanx alot.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Jamie4590

HSI Bank Angles

I'm trying to learn how to identify my bank angle by looking at the top of the HSI reading. It has a moveable arrow that points to different fixed markers as the plane banks. Can anyone help?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jamie4590 on
ceetee

I'm feeling VERY angry!

I’m feeling very frustrated right now. After spending a whole lot of money buying and installing a new graphics card, I am experiencing the worst graphics I have ever seen displayed on my system. Before hand, I had an nVIDIA Geforce FX 5600, which...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on

Weather

In real life (or so i believe) aircraft have a built in weather system which tells them there is a storm or something in the direction, so they can avoid it. are there any aircraft fitted with this equipment?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
Jamie4590

Reliable Info

After sifting through tonnes of online Aviation tutorials I have noticed that some have conflicting information. Sometimes they are blatant errors. This shows that I must always check and make sure the information is reliable. One example is several tutor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
jonblake

Make custom airport/runway ?

is it possible to make your own runway whereever you want?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spuddi on
NPG

I need help locating aircraft carrier you can land on. plz and tankyou...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
meylan

every aircraft turns right

problem: every aircraft heads severly to the right of the runway when taking off . i ve calibrated the joystick , reinstalled logitech drivers , turned off realism anu suggestions please 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
JWTucker

Aircraft Carriers

Is there anyway to have aircraft carriers in fs2004? I have no clue if there is or not. If there is I'd like to know how to use them. If not... well whatever. 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SAR Boy on

Nasty weather over Germany!

Ok ,Today I was flying Airbus 300 from Okecie (Poland) to Frankfurt/Main and about 50 miles from Frankfurt the weather went realy bad ,I mean bad .Winds up to 60mph , but the worst thing was turbulences. My plane was going up and down like a toy. So I kn...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
graham05

joystick or yoke

Hello I am planning on buying a flight yoke and pedals but before I buy them I want to know if I should stay with the joystick or not. ❓ Graham...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyguy41983 on
cheechm

FS2004 is broken

Hey, Well literally, my flight simulator is broken. I downloaded BEV and installed it and that is when it all happened. My FS2004 wouldn't work. I uninstalled BEV and FS still doesn't work. I started up my PC in safe mode and I got error .0 This is somet...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
TimH

Fake mountains in the distance?

Hey everyone When I am flying in Flight Simatulor, sometimes when I have the weather on clear, I see fake mountains in the distance. I know for a fact that they are not real mountains because they are nearly always the same flat height and they even ap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
TimH on

flaps

if flaps give you lift why do you need them if you want to come down? can you land without flaps? how do you know when to set flaps? when landing do you have to fully retract flaps?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
MRGUYGIBSON

FSFlyingSchool - Test pilots needed...

Hello Forum Members: FSFlyingSchool is ready for alpha-testing! We would like to invite all interested virtual pilots to apply for an alpha-test copy of FSFlyingSchool, the new add-on for FS 2004 and FS 2002. FSFlyingSchool brings you the serv...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
MRGUYGIBSON on
Jamie4590

Sterile Cockpit

I'm trying to find out if flight crews have a set time/scenario when it becomes a 'sterile' cockpit or does the captain verbally declare when he wishes it to be sterile? Is it aviation law that a cockpit is sterile through the take-off and landing phases?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on

fs9 problem

:wall: when i start a flight in fs9 after about 20 seconds the screen will just go black and there will be no response from my computer, even when i press ctrl, alt and delete noting happens. what could be going wrong and has anyone had similar proble...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
hinch

fatal error on re-load

recently i've been getting fs shut down after a crash, changing a setting or going to a new airport. the first time i noticed this was using kirk olssons sabre - but that is just an aircraft and doesn't add extra modules or anything. it's quite a mystery ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davec on
CoasterXtreme

727 Navigation

I just got a 727 and i know there is no FMC in this plane but I was wondering how do I figure out which direction i need to go to get to my destination? Or how can I follow a certain path to my destination in this plane? Thank You ~Matt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
tiger7881

I Wasted a Lot of Money !!!

Hey guys, i wasted alot of money this week, i bought yoke and pedals, i got all the PMDG aircrafts, soon u will c the pics of my test flights, and i bought the flight enviroment from Flight 1. i bought the MD-11 aircraft AMAZING !!!!, and ofcaurse i got m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Page 35 of 111