Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Pointless

At 15, its pointless wanting to be a pilot becuase technology will probably take over pilots in the next 20 years and all planes will be flown by computers. Auto take off and auto land so whats the point in wanting to be a pilot when the time im at the ag...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
ceetee

Wheel Cover Codes

I have noticed this both in real life and on the sim. Can anyone tell me what the code on the wheel cover of aircraft mean? 😕 Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on

How do you stop turbelance??

I am on a flight from EIDW to LERS and there is a crosswind and heavy turbulence. The passengers are not happy about this. How do I solve this so they can have a comfortable flight. Should I go to a higher altitude?? It has been like this since takeoff...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
davidmac1

Around the World

Does any one know some routes that will take me around the world (preferably starting in the UK) I would like at most 4 hour legs (give or take)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
chrissie

Problem w/ Downloading weather in FS9

I'm wondering if anyone else having this problem: In Flight Simulator, when I download the real world weather, it gives me an error message to check my internet connection. As you see my internet is working well since I created this forum. It all star...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
rickypig112

resetting?????

hi all is there a way i can reset fsp so i am at the sitart again with no flight log and the generous amount of money to buy planes? i have looked but couldnt find anything. please help thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
rickypig112

flights flights flights

hi all can anyone offer any good long haul flights for me to do. i like the good 12 or 13 hour ones. so far i have done heathrow - kuala lumpur Heathrow - Changi Heathrow - Hong Kong any other ideas for me, they dont have to be from heathro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
valcan222

V speeds 737-800

Hey everyone I have FSP and love it lol almost the rank of C1 lol. anyways I mostly fly the 737-800 its not to large and I have practice with it lol, so when you start a flight in FSP it lets you enter the Vspeeds for takeoff I dont know what theas are fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
valcan222 on
SteveT

Problem with Overland MD11

Hi, Today, I took the Overland MD11 for a test flight. However, when I began my descent at 25,000 feet, the nose seemed to be at about 5 degrees nose up????!!!! And when I decreased speed to about 190 knots at 10,000 feet it started to stall and t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SteveT on

How to make my own plane

Hello. can anyone tell me whats the easiest way to make my own plane for FS2004 having a autocad model made of the plane??? i also have to make a panel with the gadgets needed for that type of plane....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
TheProwlingPanther

Please help me with the display settings!

Hi, i got this game today, installed it etc, ran it, ran fine, exept that I cant manage to change the display settings, i goto: Settings --> Display and the little "Drag Bars" dont drag, they just stay still, and when i use my scroll wheel to mov...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on

When to use Flaps on A321-211

hey 😀 im all new to fs, when do i have to set flaps to when taking off, crusing, landing on a A321- 211 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
patw

Wow

Check this out, a brave pilot....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
wscott52 on
brownbox

low fps

well now that i know how to see my fps, i have descovered the shocking truth. while sitting on the runway at changi airport im getting guess what framerate.... not 15...not 10...not 5....but 4! :cry: :cry: thats right! i get 4 maybe 5fps and in full sc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
pilotwannabe

PIC ERJ repaints

HI everyone, I've been looking for some repaints for my PIC ERJ 145 but have only found a BA one and a few others on avsim. Am I missing something?? The PIC 737 has LOADS of extra liveries available....but for the ERJ there seems to be very few?? Th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
chrissie

War Zone in FSP went out of control

I was rolling down runway 1 at Washington National Airport (KDCA) and as soon I started climbing, I turned right a little and was being shot at on ground and who ever it was shot my fuel tank, hydrolics system, gears, and my right engine. I tried to turn ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Doyley

Crosswind - Oops

I was coming in to land at EGNS earlier today. There was a pretty severe crosswind so I decided to fly the final approach manually. I dont have rudder pedals so I have to use the keyboard. Problem is forgot to straighten the rudder before touchdown so ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PH on
NoWorries

Sunrise/Sunset at Supersonic Speeds?

I've never heard of a pilot talking about this...but I wonder if it happens. At the equator on the Summer/Winter Solstice, the earth is spinning at 1,083 miles per hour. It decreases as you approach the poles, until you get to the exact pole, where th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on

World Airports 2

hey there i jst brought it lol, im know im late, i just installed it now, so can i sell it, cos i wouldnt need the disc anymore would i , would it work some1 com if i got it on mine 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
morten123

Map and dead reckoning problems

Hi Anyone know of a way to remove your own plane from the default map in fs9?? Im planning to fly some old style dead reckoning, but each time i look at my map i see exactly where my plane is , and i feel its kinda cheating. I need the map to naviga...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
trav

Road Traffic Possibilities

Hi i would just like to know if it is possible to have ground moving traffic like moving cars on highways in flight simulator 2004?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
Rich T

ATC identification

Does anyone have any idea how to get ATC to say what I want them to say? I have a British Airways BAe 146-300 which ATC call me "Speed Bird" and then the flight number. I am trying to get them to say "British Airways" and flight number "BA8704". I a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Chris777

WILCO PIC 737-500

Hi everyone, I have the WILCO PIC 737-300, 400, 500, I however don't have the liveries for the Continental 737-500, if someone has the continental livery for 737-500 and would like to trade, I would really appreciate it, I have a lot o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris777 on
Newboy

scrolling ATIS report

Sometime back, I used to get a ATIS report scrolling on the top of my screen. But to make it more realitic, I somehow disabled it. Now I dont know how to get it back on. Does anyone know what setting I have to change to get the ATIS to scroll again? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Raul_Fury

Crasher when entering Learning Center

Hey everyone, I'm new to Flight Simulator 9. I installed it and it works great, but whn I open the Learning Center it crashes the game up and then I have to restart it. I would appreciate any help of any kind concerning this problem. Thanks in a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Raul_Fury on
Excelsis

full screen vs window

While on FS9 I had to change my screen from full to window ( Alt+Enter) last night to access some other site and I couldn't believe the difference in quality when I left it in that mode in FS9! Everything was so sharp! Just by going down a notch or two in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
Liono

I think I'm addicted to payware.

Just take a look at what I've brought. PMDG 737NG PMDG B1900D Walk & Follow Aerosoft BAe 146 PSS A319/A320/A321 FSBuild 2.2 FSPassengers FScene Europe ZINERTEK - ULTIMATE NIGHT ENVIRONMENT PRO ZINERTEK - WORLD ENVIRONMENT PRO CLS A300-600R F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
mcmxl

Toure De ATC

Today I whent on a tour of Denver Center, where my dad works. I got to watch and listen to him control traffic. I ❗ 😀 t was very cool! 😀 I also have one question. I downloaded the UPS MD-11 from this web site. When I go to fly it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
squawk code

what is it?

What does it mean they say squawk (then a number)?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
boomshiko

Center the trims

Hi guys, I've got a question. Whilst flying an IFR flight I engage AP, to give me some time to prepare my approach. AP trims the plane for level flight. But when I take over the controls from autopilot, how can I center the trims? There no trim whee...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Bach

MSFS 2004 in window mode?

Hello everyone, im new here, but please help me, how do i get Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 in window mode, so i have this menu Bar in the top? I know how to do, but cant remember it 😞 ::BACH::...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
earthqu8kes

starting flights

is there a way to start flights with the engines off like in the real world? 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
SteveT

Defrag?

Hi, I here people defrag their hardrive etc... What does this do for me and how do I do it? Thanks 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
specops-snake

With X-Ray?

This question been bugging me for years now but I never thought to ask here. So here it is. I noticed on vatsim and flight sim I heard people say with Information X-ray or Whisky etc. I have no idea what it means, please help......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
Jim86

Graphic Problem

Hi guys I am new to this forum...I m Italian so sorry me for my not perfect English... this s my problem: The ATC window is totally white...not transparent...so I cannot see what is write on it...and I can t see what there is behind the window...like ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jim86 on
SamIntel

Just got FS Passengers

I just got FSP and it is really cool. 😀 But I have some questions about it: When I'm in the Manager section, what does it mean to: dismiss (fire?), heal (?), or transfer (move to new airline?) a pilot? I'm flying piston planes use FSP and when...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
aloha43

FS9 minimizing...HELP!

FS 9 has been minimizing itself for no reason. It doesn't matter if I am manually flying, or on auto pilot. I've tried: Installing fs9update Uninstalling the entire program, removing anything relating to Flight Simulator. Reinstalled (3 times) FS9...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Istyar

Error when starting FS9

When I start FS9 I get error: "Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled. File: ACONTAIN.DLL" And it writes me again and again with these file...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jamier

Overnight flights?

Does anybody actually do overnight flights in 744's? 772's? Im doing a flight to Singapore from Heathrow at the moment and its 00:56am with 9 hours to go! got a long night aheadof me!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Bindolaf

Crosswind landing (video)

Runway is 16L (LGSR) and wind is 250@21. Video is low quality (no edits), 12MB. Not the best landing in the world, but hey. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1348002264B5A68E...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jeffb57 on
rickypig112

ok, getting annoyed now

hi everyone, a couple of questions to ask you. 1. do any of you have a problem when at big airports suck as heathrow of JFK. as mine is really slow, especially when coming into land my screen will freeze when i am above the runway for a good few seconds ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on

Why do AI dissapear in Instant Replay

Why does all AI disappear in Instant Replay?? I would like if they stayed because if I am taking videos or screenshots, airports look nicer if they AI in it. Is there a way to make them stay??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Rich T

Flashing textures

Having purchased a super-duper computer, I was hoping FS9 would be trouble free and smooth flying. However, I am still getting annoying things happen. My main annoyance at the moment is that sometimes plane or airport textures keep blacking-out and re-...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
simon123 on

Where can I get free charts??

Is it possible to get free charts?? Such as if anyone read the pdf file that you can get on avsim about the 5 most dangerous approaches the man that wrote it has a chart for each of these airports Is it possible to get free ones?? I would like to have...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Miguel221 on
BashDaBish

Google Earth

Ok, I have seen one post about Google Earth on this forum. I thought I would add another just to add how impressed I am in it and to make some of you more aware of it's potential. I thought I would post in General so more of you may see it. Prior to a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on

I love the glidestop...ok, I love the glide...

Hi Flew same route 5 times, had three perfect copybook approaches, 150 kts, full flaps, engine idle just before threshold. manual landing was good, right on centreline, reverse thrust roared... beautiful, throttle cut no problem....press brak...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Excelsis

Taxiing speed

I have a problem with the taxiing in my little Cessna 172. I try and hold it under 20 knots but it either goes too fast and veers off in all directions, despite my using rudder control, or if I drop speed too much it stops altogether. I can't seem to find...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
specops-snake

Pressure Danger?

Can someone help me with this please in FS Passengers (The Greates Addon Of All Time) I have noticed the pressure danger sign thing come up if i ascend fast and I would like to now why this happens. I thought that airliners where pressured as if you where...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
RavenholmAlpha

In FS2004 I neep help on opening the aircraft's doors.

Hi gentelmen! I need help on opening the aircaft's doors in FS2004. Thanks! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RavenholmAlpha on

crusing spped

hello there 😀 . wat speed do you have to crusie in a boeing 737 ? cos on flight report it always says i used time Acceleration lol. does any1 know? 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 39 of 111