Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: FS2004 General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Where to buy FS Passengers?

I want to buy this after having a look through the screenshots gallery and seeing what it does etc. but I have tried searching for it on amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk but to no result Anyone know where I can buy it or anyone willing to lend it to me? I a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on
Mc_GaNgStA

Uninstall.exe for FS2004

PLS URGENT!! Need the Uninstall.exe file. I can't remove FS2004, something is gone completely wrong....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
Mc_GaNgStA

How else can I purchase PMDG products?

I have recently bought a PMDG product, the B1900C and B1900D, and I want to buy the 737-NG, but the department store where I go to hasn't got it. I don't like the idea of purchasing goods over the Internet, as I don't feel to secure about it or have my ow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
brownbox

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

ok heres what happened. My graphics on fs2004 were crap. Absolutely rubbish. Then after reading a topic in the screenshot forum about greekmans pictures, i read that he had his mip-mapping turned up to 8. So I tried this, and look at the result i got! &#...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
brownbox on
FVA07

Sioux City-Sioux Falld multiplayer

at 300p today there will be a mp session on ip 67.38.117.13 use only default a/c check out www.freewebs.com/skylinealliance for me details...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
claytonlocher on
deanos63

Radar Contact 4

does anyone knowwhere i can buy RADAR CONTACT 4 from in the UK? I can't find it anywhere!?!? not even on ebay!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
HelloWorld

How to get FS Expansions?

You can easily get products for Flight Simulator by using eMule and other friendly P2P programs. I think there is a special deal going on...you can get 20 addonns for under £0.01. It is a great deal! A bargain not too be missed....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
leachus2002

PMDG 737 Possible Problem

Hey Peeps, I have just taken off in my PMDG 737 and as soon as I activated LNAV and VNAV this happened.... That climb rate looks too steep to me 😛 I have my climb speed set at 283knts, is this too fast? Anyone else had this problem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
SamIntel

Sloped RWY

Are there any sloped runways in FS?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
gupta

Help with PMDG 737 FMC

I have the 737 PMDG and am starting to get my head round the FMC. I programme in everything i need to like waypoints etc. When i take off, do i use the autopilot Lnav for it to follow the course planned by the FMC and do i still need to use the speed butt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
meylan

Real world weather unable to download

hi , i have recently started using mozilla firefox ,i have disabled internet explorer because of the constant infections my pc gets .Now when i try to download real world weather theres an error message and its unable to download. Is this because IE is di...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
meylan on
hinch

odds of this..

i left my plane tracking the gps just for 2mins while i popped to the toilet - handy onboard facilities in these airbus a318's ;) anyway, i came back just in time to watch an ai austrian md-80 plough into me. grrrrrrrrrr....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
hinch

freeze ups with no pitot

i'm flying along at 8,000 feet in my vans rv7 and suddenly my altimeter and IS go. that isn't good flying at night, but what is worse is that the rv is not equipped with pitot heat. ok lessons learnt. i was out today again while reviewing some scenery ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on
SilverRazor

Traffic.dll

I downloaded this one file (not from here, but somewher else) and in the file, it asked my to replace the traffic.dll file.....and i did! Now, whenever i try to start the game, it says that the file is missing or corrupt! I was wondering if there are any ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
violentviolet

Exhaust smoke add-ons

What is the best exhaust smoke add-on?, as all the aircraft i have are very clean burning...too clean burning infact. :help!:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
violentviolet on
fe2008

TrackIR 4 or CH pedals?, I already have CH Yoke...

What you guys think: I already have the CH yoke, I fly most GA aircrafts (182 and some T-props). I read some impressive reviews about TrackIR 4 Pro and I know CH Pedals are great either.. What should I buy? Is trackIR really impressive like th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
horrgakx

Which USB Rudder Pedals?

Guys, I need to breathe some life into my FS2004 as I've not flown for ages. The answer is a set of pedals. So, which USB rudder pedals are at the cheaper end of the market with a decent quality? Dave...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
gothgod

Opens doors

Hi you people here on flyawaysimulation. I'm a 22 year old kid from norway. I have download tons of planes and helicopters. But there is something I am wondering about! I have a cd back home with movies from a Lockheed C-130 Hercules plane and on th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
VH-COB

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Hi all, First I will warn you I'm not much of an expert when it comes to video, graphics, etc. Secondly here is my computers Specifications: - Acer Aspire T310 AcerPower - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 - 2.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 -...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Bashdabish

Navlog crashes after IE7 install

My Navlog started crashing recently and sent me hurtling back to my desktop. I searched these forums but did not find anyone else with similar issues. I knew that that Navlog is done in html format so I wondered if IE7 had anything to do with it. I was...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
BashDaBish on
HowardsRock

IAS Gauge Quits Working (goes to zero)

Ocassionaly, my IAS guage will quit working, going to zero (the autothrottle is useless when this happens, btw). After a while it will come back. What causes this to happen? Does it happen to anyone else here?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
Slackboy

Captainsim 757

hi all, what do you think of captainsim 757? im considoring buying it and would like some idea of how good/bad it is. thnx joe slack (joe.slack@nltworld.com)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hinch on

PMDG 747 Advanced Operations Tutorial

Hello everyone! I've found this great download from Avsim. It's a tutorial flight from Frankfurt to San Francisco and it seems quite realistic...my congrats to the guy who did it.But I'm having a little problem. In the tutorial, they say that you won´t ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
CrashGordon

Autopilot failure

Normally, I fly air routes or VOR to VOR where necesary, so when I flew a fairly long (600NM) direct GPS flight, I wasn't expecting a drift off course of up to 30 degrees after 300 NM. I could switch from HDG to NAV and get back where I belonged, but I w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
fmpjb

new version of squawkbox

just wondering if anyone has tried the new version of squawkbox and if the frame rates have improved when flying in heavy traffic? thanks 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on

Boeing 737-800

I have a few questions dedicated to this plane Whats the max range with full fuel? What is the max altitude so I can good economy with the fuel so it will last longer What is the flap speed limits for flap settings of 15 and below Thanks if an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
chinny4290

after taxiing to position on runway, planes drift

Hey all. I have a question. Say when I enter FS9, and choose an aircraft and fly on the active runway at the default Seattle-Tacoma airport, I set flaps, just forget about ATC clearance and do full throttle. Just a test run. Plane runs straight and ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
NoWorries

Hey Greekman!

Is Navarone a real place? I always thought it was, then I tried to fly there, and can't find it anywhere on the map, or Google, or anything...any help? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
HowardsRock

Landing 747-400

What is the proper landing speed (IAS) for the 747-400 with full flaps? Also, what is the proper flare angle at that speed?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Mc_GaNgStA

[ Poll ] How many people use autopilot on an approach?

I don't know if real-world pilots do so, but in FS do you guys use AP for the descent and centering, and then deactivate it to do the final touchdown?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
deanos63 on
TimTim

Guide to linking to avsim.. IE and Firefox!

Hi everyone I've noticed around the forum that most people dont actually know how to link to avsim library downloads. Well I'll show you 😀 Now the Internet Explorer guide, I use IE6 but its the same for all versions of IE as far as I know ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on

Does anyone here have Flight Assistant???

If you do... does it work right... I can't get mine to work at all... I calabrated the microphone, tested it... i don't know whats wrong... unless i didn't install the thing right~ what file would you install it too??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Doyley

737 FMC

Hi all, Does anybody know of a FMC download for the default 737? Im guessing at the V speeds at the minute, most of the time I get them right but every now and again I get a problem with floating. Thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on

Missing commands in FS9? No zoom / views

Are there mssing functions for MSFS9.1 or are they not included? I cannot zoom the view in / out, although the backspace will zoom to 1X - but its always at 1X. Neither the setting nor the FS9.cfg file have any indication that these controls are even incl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

What is the cruising speed for the B738 and the A343?

Hi everyone what is the cruising speed (in mach) for the boeing 737-800 (posky) and the Airbus 340-300 (the Air France Posky one, you all know it)? I just wanted to know this. btw by cruising speed I mean the speed in mach that the plane is going wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Bledrix

I just bought MS Flight simulator and It wont play.

I have bought Ms Flight simulator 2004 and everytime i try to play the game it Goes to the desktop not even playing the game. Can anyone please help me? My computer specs are P4 2 GHz 512mb Ram Geforce 4 Mx 4000....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
tiger7881

Live ATC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ppl, i was looking for live ATC and i found a website tthat u can actualy can hear them, i am all the day hearing how they talk and even so interested thats the WS: http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=canada...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tiger7881 on

Questions on flyaway store products

Hello every1, im gonna buy some stuff lol just some questions maybe stupid ones lol 1) The CH Products Flight Sim Yoke USB, is there something what comes with it to keep it on the table becuase when taking off and you pulling back its gonna move around...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

How do I make AI Flight Plans?

Hi everyone Is there a way I can make AI Flight Plans? I would like to know how to get the flight plans to use a specific plane, go from certain airports to other airports, and go at the times I like (though the times are not important, it doesnt matte...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on

Always Overspeed in the Boeing 737, 747 and 777!

How come about 2 minutes after taking off in one of the Boeings, I seem to be always in Overspeed, even when im above the clouds 😕 I try lowing speed and still its Overspeed please help, thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
dvorak on
SamIntel

AK Backcountry Airstrips

I am looking for some Backcountry Airstrips in Alaska; or ones that are very hard to access; or ones that are in pretty, or extream locations. If anyone knows of site to find some at, or know of any, please let me know. Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest Ed on
dvorak

Scrolling down in the GPS?

Hi all How do I scroll down in the GPS Flight Plan page so I can see my distance from the airport rather than just the next waypoint https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/17206/scrolling-down-in-gps_246d78822cb82008ed8e279d68943ab7.jp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
NoWorries

Catching Lightning in a Screenshot

Any tricks to it? I've tried for about fifteen minutes and give up......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
Michael_H

737ng AutoPilot ??

I'm not sure if I'm using it wrong or what, but I've tried 'APP' with a couple of different airports and usually I find that I will be brought down anywhere from 40 ft. to a couple of hundred feet off the runway centerline. I have to disingage the auto...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ranald on
Bearclaw

Lost Sound File

I am always downloading planes and trying new ones out from simviation.com and I recently downloaded the B-52. I couldn't get the sound to work on it and now sound for mos of the big jets don't work. Mainly the engines. I accidently copied a new sound.cfg...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
ceetee

New Easter Plane-Spotting Photos from Auckland!

After hearing on my scanner that Auckland International (NZAA) had switched the active runway from 23L to 23R (A Taxiway) I jumped in my car and made my way down to the airport as soon as I could for another plane spotting session. The reason I was so exc...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
ceetee

NEW! More plane-spotting photos from Auckland International

Hi everyone, You may have read my other post at https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10806/my-plane-spotting-photos-from-auckland-international/ where I have uploaded some photos I took of planes at Auckland International Airport. Well, today ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
ceetee

Some New Planespotting Photos

I was at Auckland Int. Airport today and managed to get a few new snaps: 1) ZK-JNF, a Qantas NZ Boeing 737 2) ZK-OJI, an Air New Zealand Airbus A320 coming into land 3) A side view of ZK-OJI 4) ZK-OJI again, seconds before touchd...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
ceetee

My plane-spotting photos from Auckland International

Today I happened to be the in the Auckland International Airport area and pulled over in a lay by at the side of the road, very close to the end of the active runway, to take a few photos. The airport was extreamly busy this Tuesday afternoon with a take...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ceetee on
deanos63

Emergency Landings!

I have Fs passengers, and its all good declaring an emergency to your passengers, but is there anyway in FS2004 that you can declare an emergency to ATC????? It seems pointless that you only have one engine andall your passengers are in the brace posit...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Page 39 of 111