Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

harris666

How to start a flight with Engine off??

I have for some time tried to figure out how to start a flight with the engine off and all avionics shut off. Just like a real flight when you get in the plane and start up with a checklist. Is there any place in the setup where it is possible to chan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
jetguy99

Wings

For the defult 747 the wings are kina weird. they kinda break off of the wings. I'll try and get a screen shot of this....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
scab12

Abacus

Hello everbody, This is a matter of oppinoun. I'm planning on buying an Abacus carrier program and I'm in debate between Flight Deck 5 and Carrier Strike Force. Any suggestions would be nice. They both look extremly nice. Sorry for my terrible spel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
hawarkarem

First time FSX player with scenary issues

Hi all, Great forum you have. I've been a lurker around here for while. I've recently purchased FSX Deluxe and installed it. But when I run the game I only have the South America available. I don't have the option to fly from London Heathrow or JFK ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on
pmaura

How to Use the Seaplane

Ok so I am realativly new to this, But I figure let me try the seaplane in free flight, the problem is that I start off on a runway and the plane only has pontoons. How do I start off in the water or harbour? Plus are there any must have mods...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
warlord40 on

Saitek X52 Help please

I purchased the Saitek X52 joystick, and I'm not sure exactly how to calibrate it. I've have the latest drivers, and used the included software to 'Calibrate', but to tell you the truth, it appears that it is calibrated already. My problem is (I'm usin...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
denmanrooke on
SimmerGuy

Interactive Voice

In the stock FSX, is there any interactive voice? I can hear the appropriate aircraft and facilities on specified frequencies. What I need to know is, without VOX ATC or a similar product, can you get a reply from a facility if you transmit to them w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SimmerGuy on
airbourne

GMAX

Hi all , iv got GMAX , off my fs2004 disc 1, how do you use it to repaint aircrafts ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Heyjoojoo

Airbus 300: Differientating Between Localizer And Glidescope

Hey all, greetings from about 35 miles north of SFO. I have a question regarding the ILS of an Airbus 320 or 300-ish airliner. I often wondered how to determine whether I was being captured on the ILS with the Localizer and Glidescope. Which display do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
Lee198

Good grief!!

As I'm typing I'm flying a Hornet from Southern England to Northern Spain and my frame rate just hit the high 200s! 😳 Not constant, but surprised the hell out of me. It looks like I'm watching a movie! I've got a Dell XPS720H2C quad core syst...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
airbourne

euroJet`

Hi there, im not sure what topic to post this in , so if its rong topic please move it to the appriote one for me , thanks I am the Admin of euroJet and i am Currently Searching for Aircraft Paint Designers & Aircraft painters After having along C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
Aviator2008

Emergencies

Hi Can anyone tell me how in fsx one can call mayday or able to contact ATC if I need to make an emergency landing....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Karlw

Meljet 777 door

I can open every door on the meljet 777 any model however when I try open up the main door by the tail hook it opens and closes the first time but the second it slowley openes then stopps completly becomming completly inactive. Please help 😕...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Karlw on
petorious21

Auto rudder!

Hi there im new here, and i have one quetion. Is it possible to make the rudder automatically return to the center when i yaw either left or right. thanks peter...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
7ECA-Captain on
Dyad

G15 logitech keyboard

Is anyone using this keybaord for FSx? It has an LCD screen which can display game info. I was wondering if anyone has made an LCD app for fSx. Kev...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Speedbird_001 on
horrgakx

Issues with FSX - TrackIR and Joystick not working properly

Hi all. Just reinstalled WinXP after my system was unstable due to a faulty PSU. I also installed a nice 8800GTS graphics card. Anyway, I'm having issues with FSX, three main ones are; 1) My TrackIR Pro 3 (Vector Expansion) is buggy in FSX. In the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
N9NU

MS Hotfixes - Tweaks - For FSX/Acceleration/SP2/Vista 64/SP1

I have posted these on a few other sites and thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well. These files pertain specifically to DX9/10 Gaming, Performance, SLI Issues, multiple GPU/CPU issues and Memory Issues. A few of them directly pertain to ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GundamWZero on
Bennyboybrown

MY FSX SCREEN IS ALL WEIRD

Hey, this has only just happened and it happens to every plane and any airport, Say im sitting in the cockpit and im looking at the end of the rwy top of my screen area once i go outside to look my entire sky is replaced with the end of the rwy or whateve...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bennyboybrown on
effieveda

fsx reinstall procedure

Hi folks, Does anyone know of a sure fire uninstall/reinstall procedure for fsx? Have you actually done it? Any pitfalls about reregistering (same computer)? I will need something like a step by step tutorial. The last time I did any programming was asse...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheezyflier on

i have no sound

The 'Q' key on your keyboard toggles the sound on or off. Try that, I had the same problem once Paul...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
stereomatic

ILS descend rate ?

i've learnd how to land with ILS everything works fine just wondering if there is any way to know what is the rate of the descend for the final approach untill touch down ? from the localizer till the begining of the runway ?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
faust1200 on
paulchris2

VOR Lessons Glitch?

Hey guys, I was trying a couple of the VOR lessons and noticed something odd. Once I am cleared for take-off, I raise the throttle to full and it automatically goes back to no throttle a second later. The lessons are in a Cessna and my brakes are off....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Renegade

FSX INSTANT REPLAY.......JERKY!

Hi guys...& girls! 😀 I've done some checking around and haven't found anyone complaining about this particular problem so I hope I'm not doing a repeat here. Using "FSX Deluxe", every time I do an instant replay, the replay is slow and very...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on

Getting Concorde gauges to work

does anyone know how to get the Concorde gauges to work or how do i switch a panel out of a plane? Copy the gauges out of the Concorde .zip file to the Gauges folder of FSX. Move these gauges only to the FSX\gauges directory. 737-400.omi.gau, Aut...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
Karlw

What must I edit to get jetways to dock

What must I edit and where in the cfg file should I look to get the jetways to dock to lets say a posky 737 originally made for fs9?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
airbourne

Cathay Pacific

Hi guys cheak out my new vid ( Sorry bout wingview gose on for sometime i got bord my self , if u want fastforword abit) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvm10w4VWEQ thanks please comment and rate xD...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on
tvhunt

ATC sound issues for FS9 and FSX

I have installed a new sound card (the old one my motherboard crashed). Now I can get all of the sounds in FSX and FS9 but cannot get any of the conversations with ATC. Do any of you out there have any ideas of what I can try? My new PCI sound card i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
walesdragon

FSX or FS2004?

FSX or FS2004. Which is better? I reckon i would really enjoy FSX if i had a really good comp. But i don't so.... I think FS2004 wins. For me that is. What about you?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
walesdragon on
abmukh80

ATR package

Hi Guys, Recently I downloaded the Denmark ATR package from avisim I guess. Brilliant machine....good soundsets and effects. But I one major problem. If you turn on the NAV1 to activate it during ILS u dont hear the morse code which makes it difficult ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
SimmerGuy

How to get 25 kHz frequency display?

I am running FSX with SP1 and SP2 (not Accel). No add-ons. In the stock Cessna 172 SP, the radio stack consists of King KX 155As for Comm 1 and Comm2. You should be able to set the 25 kHz increment when selecting a frequency by pulling out on the fre...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
SimmerGuy

Nav light problem with Cessna 172 and maybe more aircraft

I am using FSX with SP1 and SP2, no accel pack, no add-ons. When I turn on the Nav Lights, only the wing tip lights come on. The tail light does not come on. When I turn on the Landing light, the Landing light comes on but the Tail light also comes o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
effieveda

AFCAD2

Could someone please post a link to an AFCAD2 manual download? Thanks ... Art...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
effieveda on
abmukh80

Strange ATC behaviour

Hi Guys, Sometime back I was flying into VIDP ILS runaway 28. Cleared to land by the tower. The weather was bad and visibility down to 1/2 a mile. But still good enough to make a ILS approach. Everythin was OK except just before touchdown I see a hu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zeemon on
jetman35

To help FPS in Vista or XP..

This may work for those out there that have FSX and want to increase fps It works for me in DX10 and I am now running at MAX on all settings except the traffic setup. Ultimately you want to have as much free resource as possible on your PC as possible. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Heyjoojoo

Airbus 320: Approach Phase...

I have been flying the Airbus 320 (from Wilco Publishing) for awhile now and getting a little better, so I think. But I do have a question regarding activating the Approach Phase, Localizer and Autoland. Here's how I regularly setup the IFR Flight (So...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Heyjoojoo on
Spoty101

Need help asap

FSX said crashed and it said the following... "FSX has ran out of memory, please set different graphics, scenery, or traffic settings." uhhhhh, how? here are my specs ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200 2.01GHz rated at 3....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
jewkid80

Fsx Acelleraction not working with my video card

well for christmas i wanted the new fsx acceleration. well i got and finally got home to try it out well it turns out than i dont have a good enough video card... but it said that when i was installing the original fsx but 2 day later it started to work?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Spoty101

Light bloom problems, weird

Ok so I got a new graphics card for Christmas a 8600 GT OC 512MB originaly I had an ATI X800XL 256MB card and I could enable light bloom, but on my new GC I can enable it but when I reload the textures and stuff my screen is white, only one time everyt...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
abmukh80 on
SimmerGuy

Node gear in the asphalt

I am running FSX Deluxe with SP2. I have no add-ons except FSUIPC. I am using the stock Cessna 172 SP and in the Spot View it appears that the nose tire is in the asphalt up to the rim. I checked all the other single engine and light twins that come ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Razgr1z912 on
Spoty101

Autopilot For A321

ok so I tried the autopilot for the original FSX A321 but it wont WORK!!! its driving me nuts!!! :evil: :evil: so I enable the autopilot and set the heading, altitude speed, and guess what BANG nothing happens, what am I doing wrong?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
n7xlq1 on
KIMOMARTIN

SHADER 2.0?...HELP!

HOW DO I GET SHADER 2.0??????????????????????? ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ :cry:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PhilTaylor on
KIMOMARTIN

FSX SP1 ISSUES

I WANT 2 DOWNLOAD SP1 BECAUSE SP2 I HEAR WILL MESS MY FLIGHTSIM BUT SO WILL SP1 UNLESS I TYPE IN A CERTAIN COMMAND IN THE COMMAND LINE BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE OR WHAT A COMMAND LINE IS. ❓ ❗ ❗ :cry: PLEASE HELP!!!!!! THANKYOU...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
cthiggin

Challenge - Great FUN - Do Denali Mission in Helicopter

Hello fellow simmers, As stated earlier this week, Santa brought me a Logitech Force 3D Joystick, and I have the ol' chopper bug, REAL BAD. I just finished the Denali Mission with the helio, and it puts a new meaning on eye-candy and challenge. Jus...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
Razgr1z912

Problem with my lights.

Help. >_> ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
morris91 on
ollyau

FSX addons, problems, new year and more!

Hi everyone, First of all, Happy New Year! And also, I've been developing for FSX Acceleration. You can see my current addons at http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=orion&CatID=root. I am in the process of making a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
ollyau on
jeffclaw

Radios not working correctly

Hello I have a problem with my radios its started since I attempted installing SP2 for FSX, I then did a system restore as the activation was really starting to bug me and I have tried a uninstall/reinstall. The radios technically work although they d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oldsamer on
cthiggin

Hovercraft 412 - Anyone using????

Hello fellow simmers, FINALLY, as my previous post, I'm getting into helicopters, and boy, what a challenge......................but, do-able............ I found a site, www.hovercontrol.com and downloaded their Hovercraft package - BOY, it is beautif...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cthiggin on
paulchris2

Denali Base Camp Charter Mission

Ok, I have flown the supplies to Denali Base Camp. After landing they ask you if you want to fly to the Medical Camp to pick up a passenger. I accepted and cannot takeoff! No matter what I do the plane starts to veer to the right and I continue to slid...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
paulchris2 on
cthiggin

Helicopters and Collective

Hello Fellow Simmers, Santa brought me a Logitech 3DForce Pro...........so, I've been learning the ol' helio flying...............boy, what a challenge............... Question.................I understand the principle with anti-torque rudder, throttl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Lee198 on
rowcoach

AI invisible

Something is happening with my AI - well one plane for sure. When I click on the drop down menu for views and click on AI Traffic I get a full list of planes that I should be able to see in the area. This is all good. However, I have a Fokker 28 that keep...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
rowcoach on
Page 28 of 66